North Carolina

Invitations & RSVP???

I have a few invitation & RSVP questions.....

1. does it matter whose name is on the return address for the invitation and the address to for the RSVP?
2. also does anyone have any ideas or examples they can show me for their RSVP card? i am not sure what goes on this or how it needs to be worded?
3. should "reception to follow" go on the invitation or RSVP card?

Re: Invitations & RSVP???

• edited December 2011
    1. My return addresses on the outer envelope only had the address and no name (ie. 123 Main Street, Our Town, North Carolina 12345). The RSVP address was my parents, because they were the ones indicated on the invitation as being the host/hostess of the wedding. (ie. Mr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents, 123 Main Street, Our Town, North Carolina 12345)
    2. My RSVP cards read:
    The favour of a reply is requested
    before April 5, 2010
    __ Places are reserved for you
    M____________
    __ Accept with pleasure
    __ Decline with regret
    I filled in the blank before places reserved for you to let them know that written in + 1 are not acceptable.
    3. If you are not having a separate reception card with information, I would put "Reception to follow" at the bottom of the invitation itself with the necessary information.
  • edited December 2011
    1. No, it doesn't matter. I had the RSVP's sent to me, since I was the one tracking guest counts. You don't have to have them sent to your parents if they're the ones "hosting" the wedding.

The favor of your reply is requested by

the fifth of September

M____________________

___ delightfully accepts

___ regretfully declines

3. That part goes on the invitation, since your guests won't be keeping the response card :)
  • JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. We had a stamp made from Paperwink that we used to stamp the back of our envelopes (bc it doesn't have our last  name we could use it before and after the wedding!)

http://weddingpeephole.blogspot.com/2009/05/rubber-stamps.html

2. Here is ours: (It was a postcard I designed- all our stuff was postcards- it's the 2nd one on this post)

http://weddingpeephole.blogspot.com/2009/05/more-postcards.html

3. We put reception to follow on the invitation

The 2nd one is the back of the invite

http://weddingpeephole.blogspot.com/2009/07/invitations-arrived.html

• edited December 2011
    1. We are using our address since we will be tracking the guest count. I don't think it matters either.

2. Here's the wording:

cR.S.V.P

The favor of reply is requested by

June 5, 2010.

sM_________________________

___ Accepts with pleasure,

Number attending ___

___ We regret to decline.

• edited December 2011
    Sorry I couldn't get it to copy normally, but you get the idea.
  • edited December 2011

So I know that this is not normal but to save money we actually aren't sending out RSVP cards.  Instead printed on our invite it says "Kindly respond by April 25, 2010 at www.laurenandderrik.com" so we end up saving over $700 and through our website it automatically keeps track of everyone that has RSVPed.

As for the return address we just have our personal address on the back no name just address and we also included Reception to follow at Grandover Resort.

• edited December 2011
    We're doing the same thing for our RSVPs, all online and for older guests just giving them a call to see if they're coming.  Save money and trees :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards