March 2012 Weddings
Options

I can't figure out what to wear in my hair

I'm having an awful time.  I can't decide if I should wear something like a tiara or just twist-in crystals or a headpiece or what.

This is my veil:  http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Fingertip-Length-Veil-with-Metallic-Pencil-Edge-653_Accessories-Veils-Mid-Length  (I *hate* that I can't seem to zoom on that picture, I'd love to see what the model has on her head!)  The veil has silver accents, my dress has a bit of gold accents but it's so tiny it won't matter.  I'm going to be wearing pearl earrings and a pearl necklace and hopefully a silver bracelet with my dad's picture in it.

I'll also be wearing a blusher that my mom is making.

I haven't done my hair trial yet, and while I don't know exactly what I want, I know that I want it partially up and long curls in the back.  I have naturally curly brown hair and figure I should show off what God gave me.  ;) 

What are you wearing in your hair?  I just cannot figure it out.  It seems like most of the things I've found online or in person just look cheap or don't go with the veil. 

Re: I can't figure out what to wear in my hair

• Options
    My veil is pretty simple and I'm planning to take it out after the first dance.  I haven't had my hair trial yet, but am planning on a loosely curled updo, I might use a couple bobby pins with some sparkle, but again.. keeping it simple.
  • Options
    Your veil is gorgeous.  You could really get away without wearing anything in your hair.  My veil has subtle detail like yours.  I found a tiara of flower crystals I'm wearing.  It's very simple and just a band of flowers (not raised like a traditional tiara).  Maybe something like that will work.  I think a flower with the veil would be too much but if you plan on taking the veil off, replacing it with a flower in your hair would look really cute.  I'm not sure about the twist in crystals.  Those kind of remind me of prom hair styles (most every 17 year old girl has them in her hair at prom).  However that's just my own opinion whichever you chose will look great :)
  • Options
    It's funny, the only tiara I've found that I really liked was a flower girl tiara, LOL!  It had little ivory (although I actually thought they were a pale pink) roses on it, with crystals.

I'm so tempted to by it and figure out how to stretch it on my head!

thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    I'm not doing a veil. I made a hair comb to put in my hair. I'm bringing it to my hair trial in a couple weeks to make sure it will work with my hair style. Here's what my hair comb looks like. Please excuse my messy hair...it was a lazy Sunday :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I don't think you necessarily have to have anything in your hair. My hair will be almost completely down with lots of curls. I'll have a few pieces pinned back. I'm wearing a tiara and veil. The veil will come off after the ceremony/pictures.

ETA: Your veil is very pretty btw. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards