March 2012 Weddings

First Bit of Drama

So my FI went out for breakfast with his dad this morning and through conversation found out that his oldest sister is pissed we aren't having her two girls in the wedding!

Background: FI oldest sister: 2 girls 4&5 & one due Dec 9
FI middle sister: 2 boys 5& 1 month

My only Brother: 1 girl

So I orignally had planned for all our nieces and nephews to be in the wedding. I was gonna have her 2 girls be banner girls and carry a wooden sign. But my FI didn't want there to be a zoo of kids so I decided to cave to him and just go with the traditional 1:1 ratio. His nephew was the obvious choice for ring bearer and so that made sense to make my only niece the flower girl.

Well now I feel conflicted because I don't know what to do. His sisters aren't very inviting in the first place so I don't want to give them any excuse to be less friends with me. My FI would like to keep it small but is letting me add them if I want. So now its like do you add them and they will probably think they were an after thought. Or do I just let her be mad? (FI told his dad to tell her that it was his decision not mine and that he had wanted it to be small which is why they weren't in it?) 

Sidenote: We were planning to ask the girl's dad to be an usher and haven't done so yet, so we were thinking just ask them at the same time so it seems more purposeful.

Idk, I guess I'm asking should I save face or stick to my guns? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards