March 2012 Weddings
Options

Parent and Shower Hostess Gifts

2 quick questions:

1.  Is anyone doing parents gifts for the wedding?  If so, thoughts or ideas?

2.  Some of my mom's friends are give me a shower in my hometown.  I'd like to give each of them a hostess gift.  Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

165image Invited to celebrate
98image Ready to Rock!
67image Party Poopers
RSVP Date: 2/25/12

Re: Parent and Shower Hostess Gifts

• Options

I am actually going to get my parents an album of our wedding pictures once we get them back. I know that is something they will enjoy.

As for hostess gifts I think I will get my SIL and MOH who are hosting mine a little something. I haven't decided what yet. I am still having a hard time even coming up with BM gifts. I am so bad at this whole gifts thing.

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    For our parents gifts we are probably going to give them an album of wedding pictures when we get them back (but I did throw in the wedding cake pandora charm for my mom...I just couldn't resist!)

And, for my shower I made each of my bridesmaids and MOH a spa basket.  I put in lotions and bubble baths from Bath & Body Works, aromatherapy candles, bath salts, slippers, eye masks, etc.  The girls loved them!
    March 2012 December Siggy Challenge- My Bouquet
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    160image Invited to Our Disney Wedding!
    55image Are ready to party
    43image Are missing out
    62image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/9
  • Options
    Well for parents gifts I am doing personalized hankies with sayings for the dads (something very similar to this---CLICKY) and for my mom I want to do one of these forever roses (CLICKY)

I did not do hostess gifts for my shower. My suggestions would be a massage or gift certificate for another spa treat, giftcard to their favorite store, or a nice piece of jewelry think like Lia Sophia type...not gold and diamonds but not from Clares ya know?
  • Options
    I am giving my and my FI's parents an 8x10 picture frame with an engraving on it and then getting them a picture for it when our prints come in.

I found a cute saying that I might use for both of them:

Today a Bride
    Tomorrow a Wife
    Always your daughter

I would do the same thing for FI's parents with just groom, husband, and son.

I only have a MOH (No Bridesmaids) and I am getting her pearl earring, pearl necklace, and making her a bling shirt that says Matron of Honor on the back

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • Options
    For the parents, we are giving them an album when we get our pictures back. I haven't even thought about what to get my girls.....

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards