March 2012 Weddings

Got my dress....and I'm trying to get used to the idea...

Okay so I got my dress yesterday.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?page=7&style=A3442

My family and friends that came with me just LOVED it on me, and I loved it on me which I DIDN'T expect since the only type of wedding dress I've ever liked since I was a girl was a ballgown, and this is clearly not a ballgown. But I felt so tiny in it :)

I always said brides should look classy, not sexy, but this dress had both...which I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around. Every time I think about it now I get a scared feeling because it's not the poofy dress I expected to wear.

Has anyone ever had this? Where they bought what they totally thought they WOULDN'T like? Will this feeling pass?

p.s. I tried on ballgowns and didn't like them. So I think it's just a matter of me excepting myself in this different type of style.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
BFP CHART

Re: Got my dress....and I'm trying to get used to the idea...

• Wow! Your dress is really pretty!! Very classy-sexy. :-) I know what you are feeling though, and it will definitely pass! When I went to buy my dress, I had every intention of getting a very standard A-line dress with a hint of sparkle. And I found one that fit that criteria perfectly that I liked, but didn't love.

Thankfully, my sister was there (and clearly knows me a little better than I know myself!) She picked out a fit-and-flare gown (more form-fitting than I EVER thought I would buy) with lace and beading and much more sparkle than I had planned on. And I LOVE it. I was a little freaked out after buying it because I know that the A-line dress would be what people expect me to wear, but every time I look at a picture of me in my fitted sparkly dress, I love it even more!

So yes, the feeling will pass! And you will love your dress when you wear it on your big day as much as you did when you bought it. How could you not? It's gorgeous!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ps. YAY! We are date-twins! :-)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gorgeous dress! I was the complete opposite of you. I wanted a fit and flare SO bad. I never dreamed of having a ballgown. But, of course I fell in LOVE with a ballgown. Haha.
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay girls thanks! I really don't like that picture I included from the website. When I tried it on it looked a lot more soft and not so "triangle-ish"...

I've decided if the bottom isn't "poofy" enough for me I will have extra layers added.

Hopefully all goes well. I won't get my actual dress until December, but I'm thinking about going back to the store at the end of the week to try the sample on again to calm my nerves. HAHA...I never imaged I'd be a bridezilla.
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards