Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning & Happy Hump Day!

Hi Everyone!

Went to meet with 2nd florist yesterday afternoon - she didn't pay as close of attention to the first one I met with but I'm going to see how the estimates compare and then decide for sure. The one good thing is that I am really learning what types of flowers and styles of bouquets etc. that I like! I had no idea when I first started.

Got in a 4 mi run last night, just wish it could have been outside rather than at the gym. Hoping for a not too stressful day at work!

Have a great day!

P.S. Has anyone ever done a boudoir photo shoot or know anyone that has? Just curious what ppl think about it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Good Morning & Happy Hump Day!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Meant to say the florist I met with yesterday didn't pay as close of attention to details as the first one did. It's too early for me, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone!!!  I am so glad it is Wednesday...I can see Friday on the horizon.  It has been a busy week at work.
    As for the wedding, Sumer (our wedding planner) got our room block at Station Square all squared away for us.  We booked it a few months ago, but when my sister tried to make her reservations, they told her there were no rooms available.  This was on Saturday and of course the event office was not available. When I called the front desk, the woman I spoke with was rude and completely unhelpful.  Right then and there, (after I hung up on her, which is not a typical thing for me to do), I took a deep breath and relized, I have a wedding planner.  I don't have to deal with this.  Sumer worked with her contact and got everything taken care.  This is just another instance where she has been worth her weight in gold. (The first was when we had to find a new photog a few months back). So, wedding planning life is good once again.
    Last weekend we also met with our church wedding coordinator to start planning details of the cermemony.  She is such a sweet lady. I look forward to working more with her.
    And probably the best news of the week, I was finally able to walk around the house in my wedding shoes to figure out which size is best.  They came in a few days after I sprained my ankle, so yesterday was the first day I could walk in them.
    On the working out front, my Physical Therapist thinks I should be able to get some running in soon without as much pain (fingers crossed) and I bought a new hybrid bike on Saturday.  Can't wait to take it out for a spin.

Sorry about the long post....seems like I was gone forever...lol.

@Lindsay - When are you meeting with the last florist?

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

Today is my Friday! Woo Hoo!! Last night, I went and got my eye brows threaded, then got my nails done. I did the Opi Gel Lacquer... OMG SO AWESOME! So, for those who don't know, you get a regular manicure, no polish, then they put the polish on and between coats you put your hand under a UV lamp. Then after a few coats, it takes for a light color about 4, they are dry. COMPLETELY DRY! I got my keys, she filed my nails and used lotion, I took out my wallet, everything without one smudge! AND it lasts for 2-3 weeks!!! So pumped. It. was. awesome. $30, so more expensive than a reg. mani, but totally worth it.

So, tomorrow, we drop off our kitty at a coworkers, stop in Frederick to get our favors and then head to Pittsburgh. Tomorrow, I am trying on my dress with shoes and veil then getting my hair trial. Saturday is my shower!!! So excited!!!

Linds- good for you for getting that run in! Let us know how the florists prices compare!

Janice- I've had issues with my hotel block too, but I am the wedding planner, so, needless to say, I am incredibly jealous. :)
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! Last night was more of the usual. Made dinner, worked out with FI (liking this new work out together routine we got going) and then relaxed with a little tv. Nothing too exciting.

linds - i was sooo intimidated about meeting with florists because of my lack of flower knowledge. Glad to hear your meetings are going well! Hopefully your estimate comes in where you are expecting!

janice - glad your coordinator got your room block squared away easily! hoping your ankle continues to heal!!

jl - THANK YOU for the review on the OPI gel manicure! i'm desperate to try it.. it always irks me when i go get my nails done and they start chipping in a day or two... so $30 to have 2 WEEKS of pretty nails.. well that is AWESOME!

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning Girls!
    Last night my dad came in town. It was so great to see him! We went to dinner with FILs then back to our apartment. He has some work in DE today then will be back later for dinner - I'm going to make roasted chicken... yum.

Tonight I'm **hoping** to go to the gym - I keep saying this but I NEED TO WORKOUT! Stat! Time is ticking and I'm just not happy with my body at the moment... I need to tone... bad! Then I have a paper I have to work on for class tomorrow.. .blah

lindsay - sorry you weren't super happy with the 2nd florist! Hope you are able to sort things out!

Janice - glad your planner was able to save the day! We've been having some serious problems with our Sheraton room block too - unfortunately though, I have to deal with it as I don't have a planner... stinks

j - Glad to hear you love the Opi gel! I was thinking of trying it myself! Also HAVE SO MUCH FUN at your shower! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Safe travels to Pgh!

db - Your motivation continues to amaze me :) Can you pass some of it to me?!? lol
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    G - i seriously think its because i work out at home. If i had to actually GO somewhere to work out.. id never do it because i hate leaving the house once i get home from work.

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    db - I agree, although I seem to not even want to work out at home! I am so exhausted after work and just can't bring myself to change and do the workouts... I'm pathetic I know but it's getting to be crunch time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    G- maybe you could change clothes at work. That might help. Whether you go home or to the gym, you'll be ready to go.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

GMC - I am so glad Sumer has been able to handle the block issues.  Since we still have time, I am beginning to wonder if we should change our block.  Do you mind if I ask what problems you have had with them?

JL- How exciting.  I hope you have a freakin' fabulous weekend!

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J - that might work, especially since I have to drive to get to my gym (even though it's at my apartment complex, it's kind of far to get to) - even if I just bring clothes with me and change at the gym or something. It will sort of force me to go...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday was quite boring... Fixed dinner, did laundry, watched TV with the FI. Worked on the wedding website for a little bit though.

Lindsay- Let us know which florist you end up with!
    Janice- Really glad your wedding planner was able to help out and do some of the heavy lifting :-)

jb- That is really cool about the nail lacquer. What is threading though? I have heard of it before but I've never known anyone who has had it done before.

db- You are starting to motivate me with how much you work out!
    gmc- Glad you got to see your dad!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards