March 2012 Weddings
Options

Pastor Drama Part Dos

So you may remember the problem I had with the pastor we choose to marry us becuase we had to sign a contract and part of it said we can't be living together and well we own a house!

So said pastor messaged me on fb as just a follow up and said if I had any questions about the contract to just message him etc. So after I had already tried to call him  (which failed) I kinda took the easy way out and responded back to his message saying that we didn't think it was going to work out because we already lived together and that we wouldn't ask him to do anything he didn't believe in.

Today I get a typed one page letter in the mail as a response. It talked all about how like God has plans for relations before and after marriage and how we probably don't want to go through the hassel of moving residences but restraint and control are rewarded by God etc. And he went so far as to talk to my best friends mom (like my 2nd mom) who is active in the church to contact me about further 1:1 bible study with her! So now I have to deal with that. And he also took on my challenge that I thought we could find another person to marry us by saying I bet we could but would they really be upholding Gods word and really agree with us living together- no.

So needless to say as much as I don't want it to it really bugs me. I get so insecure when challenged on biblical matters. I am not by any means a perfect Christian nor am I as devoted as I'd like to be. but I do believe and I do pray. So this just nags at my heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards