March 2012 Weddings

Appreciation for the ones you love - don't sweat the small stuff.

I was lurking on The Bump like I usually do. I came across a post by a woman who had her blog in her siggy and a tag that explained that her husband had passed away. I went to her blog and was unable to stop reading.

What a tragedy. My heart and thoughts go out to her and her two young children. Reading her blog really blows me away because of how strong she is. I have no idea how I would continue to be "myself" if something happened to my FI.

Reading something so REAL like that really helps you to appreciate EVERY day, EVERY touch, EVERY little miracle that you share with your loved ones that sometimes we take for granted.

It was a wake-up call for me in that way, also to be more careful driving (I am guilty of distracted driving, as I'm sure a lot of us are). Whatever I could be distracted by in the car is not worth my future.

I don't want to be a downer, and by no means am I posting this for that effect and if you feel that way, don't read it, but I was amazed at this woman's strength and like I said, sometimes we all need a head-shake when it comes to appreciation of our lives. Especially when it comes to getting wrapped up in wedding planning...it's all really not THAT important. It's the marriage to the love of your life that counts.

Here is her blog:
http://day-three.blogspot.com/
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
BFP CHART
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards