Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Chestnut Ridge in Blairsville

Anyone have any experience with the Chestnut Ridge in Blairsville?? We visited a few months back and aren't really thrilled with the event coordinator. I'm hearing some bad reviews so far,  but I'm still hoping for a good review!

Re: Chestnut Ridge in Blairsville

• mktuitemktuite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maria- I can't figure out how to private mesage you but I wanted to say hi and I found you on here! How's Philly? Totally off topic sorry.

But Alysha Adams had her wedding at Chestnut Ridge both the reception and the ceremony.  I thought it was really nice but I know they had some issues that day with the staff and other weddings happening at the same time.  Also it was really stormy and they had lost power so that made things complicated too. 

• edited December 2011
    Hey Megan!  Too funny that you found my post.  I'm actually moving from Philly to Pittsburgh at the end of the summer.  We'll be living in the North Hills Area.  How are things with you??
    I already talked to Alysha, she made me more nervous with her horror stories!
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a friend's wedding (probably around 2 years ago) at Chestnut Ridge.  I think overall she had a pretty good experience with them.  They held the reception outdoors in a tent...it was incredibly hot (end of June wedding) but an absolute blast!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • katie88fkatie88f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI!  I am having my wedding at the chestnut ridge.  I have never been to a wedding there, but so far my experience has been good.  I think I know what your talking about with the event coordinator...she has just be so-so.  I have a wedding planner who has been dealing with her more than I have.  I have not heard these horror stories so now I am a little nervous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bubs711Bubs711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't speak to the event coordinator, but my cousin had her reception there in October, and I thought it was lovely. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards