March 2012 Weddings

I Feel All Fuzzy and Warm!

So, I live in California and my family (parents, brother, SIL, and nephew) live in Minnesota.  I work at a summer camp here every summer so from June-August I get to see my family more, including my at-the-time 1.5 year old nephew (now 2).

Said nephew hasn't seen me since August.  It's now December.  According to my brother and SIL when they do their prayers every night they ask my nephew who he wants to pray for... I have been #1 or #2 since August!!!  This is crazy because he has seen maybe maybe a dozen times at most since he was born and not since August but every night he wants to pray for me.  And I'm only ever topped by Winnie the Pooh (we flip flop between the first and second spots on his prayer list).

I just love that he knows and remembers who I am.  That has been the toughest part about living apart from my family and, honestly, the first several times I saw him he had no clue who I was.  Now he understands what an "auntie" is and he recognized me and knows my name!  It really makes me feel good and loved.  I just had to share.  No one else appreciates my warm fuzziness here!  But they're just jealous that they aren't on his prayer list as high up as I am!  Tongue Out

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

Re: I Feel All Fuzzy and Warm!

• awww! That is super cute!
  • Aww that is so sweet!
    image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very cute story! You must make a big impact on his life whenever you go to see him. He loves his Auntie!!!!!!!! So cute!!!!

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • Thats adorable! :)

Two of my brothers have small children. One brother lives in NC where I am, the other one (actually two but his kids are in HS) live in PA.

They show there kids often pictures of family who do not live close so when people come visit, the kids know everyone and are so excited.

My neice recently renamed her uncle during prayers. Some of us have nicknames.(Im Aunt Girl) and he is Uncle BK and his wife, Aunt Jlo. Uncle BK is now Uncle Bob. We have no idea where she got it from, but it is all she talks about now. She is so damn cute. She has already started calling FI uncle D instead of Mr D. haha

Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • Being an aunt is so great! Your nephew sounds so adorable!

I have 1 niece and 3 nephews and I love them so much. My two youngest nephews lives closets to us so we see them more. My 2 year old nephew just loves his uncle Rock (he can't say Brock, just yet, that is my FI's name). When he talks about us he puts our names together, to him we are JessicaBrock. It just warms my heart when I call to talk to SIL or Brother and he wants to talk to me too.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_feel-fuzzy-warm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:aeb9df2e-d567-4ed8-9c20-cd18927dda0bPost:83514205-469c-40f6-b256-41f4ef810d02">Re: I Feel All Fuzzy and Warm!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats adorable! :) Two of my brothers have small children. One brother lives in NC where I am, the other one (actually two but his kids are in HS) live in PA. They show there kids often pictures of family who do not live close so when people come visit, the kids know everyone and are so excited. My neice recently renamed her uncle during prayers. Some of us have nicknames.(Im Aunt Girl) and he is Uncle BK and his wife, Aunt Jlo. Uncle BK is now Uncle Bob. We have no idea where she got it from, but it is all she talks about now. She is so damn cute. She has already started calling FI uncle D instead of Mr D. haha
    Posted by aenordan[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>OMG!  That's adorable.  My older nephew (who's now 7) renamed me "Fat Daddy" when he was 3ish.  We have no idea where he got this from, but he's called me that for the past 4 years.  He can't remember how he came up with it, either!

</div>

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Awww.....that's so sweet.  I absolutely adore my niece and nephew. My niece is two and nephew is 10 months.  I love to see their faces light up when they see me.  When I saw her for Christmas, I walked in the door.  She was so excited yelling "Rachy's here, Rachy's here"  Then she had to go tell everyone I was there.  LOVE it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards