March 2012 Weddings

Am I behind on the dress?!

Hi girls!  It seems most of you already have your dresses and I haven't even started looking.  Am I behind on this?  Am I going to get stuck with some horrible 80's dress with bows and poof?!

Re: Am I behind on the dress?!

• I  haven't started looking yet either! I'm going at the end of this month.

I don't understand how we'd be behind or stuck with anything we don't want. We still have about 10 months. That's plenty of time to buy a dress, get it made and shipped, and get a couple of different sets of alterations.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
  • You're not behind at all! I probably wouldn't even have my dress yet but my mother really wanted to go and I just happened to find "the one." Trust me, you're fine! Just start browsing dresses online and get an idea of what you like!
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i just got mine last weekend they told me 6 months so nov for my first fitting.  they also said that all the chinese factories close for the whole month january for chinese new year so if u will be getting a dress that will be manufacturered there u might want to think about looking
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beckerz03beckerz03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I'm probably not going to start looking until August. Only reason is because, we haven't booked our resort yet, can't until August and I don't want to buy a dress and have to change our date because we can't get the resort (for whatever reason).

I'll probably be way far behind, but I'm hoping that I can still get a great one...which I'm sure I can.

To be fair, I have already gone window shopping so I have a pretty good idea of what I want...it's just going and making the final decision.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Not behind at all!! I was also told the same about the Chinese factories being closed the whole month of january! I think a lot of dresses are made there. So just keep that in mind... otherwise you can wait as long as you want because everyone has "rush fees"

Don't feel rushed cos then you might end up with something you hate
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • it depends on the type of dress you want. mine takes 9 months to order and come in... so i ordered last month inorder to have time for fittings.  if you looking at dresses that aren't custom made or you are willing to buy off the rack you have plenty of time!
  • huh, I had no idea about the chinese factories.  Good to know.  I did hear that dresses are marked up a bid during summer.  Any truth to that?

Also, good to know I'm not the only one without a dress!
  • Yeah i bought mine a couple months ago ONLY because i found it for 1/4 of the price somewhere in my exact size.  You can wait as long as you want if you want to walk into a store and buy the prettiest one they have in stock already and just have it altered to fit you real quick. giving time for alterations of course.
  • I wouldn't worry too much about not ordering your dress yet.  I ordered my dress, a Justin Alexander dress, last Saturday, and it is coming in late October.  That still gives me plenty of time for alterations.  I believe Maggie Sottero and Casablanca have similar timelines.  Some of the higher end designers might have longer lead times, but if you go to a salon they should be able to help guide you to gorgeous dresses in a line that you can get on time.  if you have to, you can rush it, but it can cost 100-200 extra for them to rush the order.  

I hope this helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
    79image Will be joining the celebration
    67image Can't make it
    22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards