March 2012 Weddings

Irrational Fears...

Does anybody have an irrational fears pertaining to the wedding?

My dress still hasn't been picked up (in Minnesota) by my sister, and they called to say it needs to be picked up in three weeks or they will no longer hold it. I was trying to think of other people I know up there that I'd trust to pick it up. I came up with a few, but then I keep having this irrational fear that no matter who picks it up, the persons house will catch on fire. No joke.

I almost called my godmother but I stopped and thought, "what if she gets the dress and then two days later her house blows up in flames?"

So then I thought about my parent's best friends, but yet again, I had the irrational fear of fire.

And it's not like my parent's house is exempt from every catching fire...but whenever I think about it being at their house or my sister's house, I never have the fire concern.

I know it's completely irrational, not everybody's house is going to catch on fire. FI laughs and me and tells me to get over it...And I'm not insensitive, I'd obviously be more worried about the people than my dress. But, WTF, it really freaks me out. I can't figure out why I keep having this thought, especially since I realize the chances of that happening are slim to none..

Any irrational wedding fears out there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards