Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Indoor Ceremony sites

Good morning, everyone!  I'm so glad the weekend is almost here!  I have a ceremony question for you all...
What are some indoor ceremony locations that could accomodate about 100 people, but is not necessarily a church.  My FI and I asked his cousin to marry us and a church doesn't always allow someone else to perform the ceremony.  We are looking for a place in the South Hills, Airport Area, or somewhere in town.

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Re: Indoor Ceremony sites

• jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i assume his cousin has the appropriate paperwork/certification/whatever it is to do this, right? i just remember some girls thinking they could ask a friend to do their ceremony if the person did the program online to be "ordained" and then found out that PA won't allow it.

otherwise, there are plenty of places to do this. just search reception venues.

• edited December 2011
    Do you have a reception venue yet?

The Twentieth Century Club has an indoor ceremony space (a couple options) and a huge ballroom or their beautiful dining room. The Club is in Oakland. That's where my wedding is.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure the Old Stone Church allows this since it's actually a historical site and not a church with a congregation any more.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011

I'm getting married at the Old Stone Church. Like Jen said, it's a historical building so we can bring in someone to marry us. We are doing a friend of the family JOP. The only problem for you would be that it's in Monroeville but depending on where your reception is, it could work. We are having ours at the zoo.

Let me know if you need anymore information!

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    How much does it cost to rent the old stone church for a wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards