Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Bridal party head table

Hi,
Does anyone have suggestions on how to seat the bridal party at the head table.
Bridesmaids seated next to their partner or all of the GM on one side and BM on the other?

Thanks

Re: Bridal party head table

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH sat next to me, and BM sat next to DH, otherwise the other 6 just sat where they wanted to. It wasn't important to me to have a certain arrangement, especially since the only time we all were sitting there was to eat dinner.

Vacation

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my daughter's wedding the girls all sat by each other on the bride's side - the groomsmen sat on the side with the groom.

Like kbielak - they only sat at the table for toasts and dinner and then were on the dance floor the rest of the night.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's your wedding, you can do what ever you want. Do you prefer all the GM's on one side and BM's on the other?

Personally, we did not like the BP table, so our BP sat with their dates and had a sweetheart table for my DH and I.

Seriously, its really all about personal preference.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not a fan of head tables either. They are very dated IMHO. But, that being said, it is your wedding, so sit them how you'd like.

I had a sweetheart table with DH and the BP sat with their SOs at regular dining tables.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the same thing as Nu and Jenny.  Do what you want.  But if you are letting your party bring guests, it might be considerate of you to let them sit with each other as well...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BM's BF (now FI) was actually so uncomfortable sitting at a table by himself, without BM, that he would have turned down the invitation had we not told him we were not doing a head table and they could sit together.

I did the sweetheart table too and loved sitting with just my DH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_bridal-party-head-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:0b877885-78a5-45d0-8712-14bdec64f387Post:7ca4e0db-0b26-45f2-b826-044faecc3b20">Bridal party head table</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, Does anyone have suggestions on how to seat the bridal party at the head table. Bridesmaids seated next to their partner or all of the GM on one side and BM on the other? Thanks
    Posted by neeters1962@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>When you say "partners" do you mean like their life partner?  Or whatever friend of your DH's that you are pairing them up with?  

</div><div>Obviously the correct answer is in height order.  You don't want things to be unsymmetrical.  </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_bridal-party-head-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:0b877885-78a5-45d0-8712-14bdec64f387Post:1f685bbf-7f3b-4413-a157-f4649be0effc">Re: Bridal party head table</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bridal party head table : When you say "partners" do you mean like their life partner?  Or whatever friend of your DH's that you are pairing them up with?   Obviously the correct answer is in height order.  You don't want things to be unsymmetrical.  
    Posted by .KRM.[/QUOTE]
    No, no - you need to do it by looks.  Put the ugliest ones by you to make you look good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_bridal-party-head-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:0b877885-78a5-45d0-8712-14bdec64f387Post:1f685bbf-7f3b-4413-a157-f4649be0effc">Re: Bridal party head table</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bridal party head table : When you say "partners" do you mean like their life partner?  Or whatever friend of your DH's that you are pairing them up with?   <strong>Obviously the correct answer is in height order.  You don't want things to be unsymmetrical.</strong>  
    Posted by .KRM.[/QUOTE]

bahahaha
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_bridal-party-head-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:0b877885-78a5-45d0-8712-14bdec64f387Post:a7f883f4-9f14-4d6f-a9d1-8e7f7be14315">Re: Bridal party head table</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal party head table : No, no - you need to do it by looks.  Put the ugliest ones by you to make you look good!
    Posted by Er&JerLem[/QUOTE]

hmm, but then you'd have to see their faces in all the pictures?  double edged sword I guess?

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_bridal-party-head-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:0b877885-78a5-45d0-8712-14bdec64f387Post:38670344-11cc-4c3f-a548-754d6de8731d">Re: Bridal party head table</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal party head table : hmm, but then you'd have to see their faces in all the pictures?  double edged sword I guess?
    Posted by crazystace[/QUOTE]

<div>Worth it, because you know you would look better.  </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_bridal-party-head-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:0b877885-78a5-45d0-8712-14bdec64f387Post:506e54aa-8621-43e5-89f4-cdfa3e49f78e">Re: Bridal party head table</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal party head table : Worth it, because you know you would look better.  
    Posted by .KRM.[/QUOTE]
    That and they're off to the side, so I'm sure they could be cropped out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um- we all know that you are only supposed to ask pretty people to be in a wedding party.  ugly friends just don't deserve that honor.  duh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards