Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

**Shannon**

We need a full HM recap!  How was it?!

Re: **Shannon**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It was wonderful. Except the flight. Kristin was right, that is the flight from hell. Everything was wonderful and we spent next to nothing while we were there. We were outside almost all the time and the weather was great. It didn't get humid until our last day there. The lu'au, which we went to with Laura (NittanyLionBride2B) was great too. We took a couple great hikes and several scenic drives. The food was fabulous. And the water is so blue!! Here's a link to the pics if you want to take a look. [url]<a href="http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29873&id=1406325502&l=33fbfaaa9c" rel='nofollow'>http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29873&id=1406325502&l=33fbfaaa9c</a>[/url]
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, yay!  I'm glad you had a good time!  And so fun that you could meet up with Laura too!I will take a look at your pics tonight - Hawaii is on our list of places to visit someday!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I enjoyed looking at your pics! I'm so glad the weather was nice- looks like you saw and did a lot. I'd love to go someday!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a great time!So much fun that you met up with another knottie while there:-)  Your pictures look great!We are thinking of going to Hawaii for our HM.  Which island did you stay on and where did you stay?  did you find food to be expensive or reasonable?  Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    26summer, we were on the Big Island of Hawai'i. We stayed at the Bay Club at Waikoloa. It is part of the Hilton Grand Vacation Club (we bought into it last year). The food wasn't too expensive, according to downtown Philadelphia restaurant prices. If you are comparing it to Pittsburgh prices, it is a little more expensive. However, it also depends upon where you eat. We had a kitchen in our condo, and made breakfast most mornings and often didn't eat lunch, so that brought our food price for the entire trip down. Many people go to Maui or O'ahu too. I actually think Hawai'i (with the ' is the name of the island, not the state - one of the gems I picked up on the trip) is one of the lesser known islands for honeymooners.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  I'm glad you had a great time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards