Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

AW: Thanks for the interview vibes!

Thanks so much to everyone for the interview vibes yesterday--I felt great about how things went, and know that Knottie vibes played a role in that! =)I met with something in the range of 17 (!!) people during the course of the day (usually more than one at a time), and they were all really, really nice. I actually didn't have to do as much talking as I'd expected--in a few of my 10 or so different meetings, they asked questions, but in many of them they were more just giving me information about the place, the position, etc., which meant that I didn't end the day with a hoarse throat. =)  But when they did ask questions, for the most part I felt really comfortable with them, and felt like I gave really good (and honest!) answers that they seemed really happy with and receptive to. By 4pm it still hadn't felt like a long day--even though I was in interview mode, it was all very pleasant, and didn't feel terribly stressful. What pushed me over the edge to feeling exhausted was dinner--not because it was stressful at all, but because it essentially added 2.5 hours to my day, and I would've been just as happy to head home at 5, instead of rolling in at 8!Overall I'm really pleased with how the day went, and feel like I'd really like it there. Now comes the waiting--I was the first of four candidates (hopefully I set the gold standard, and they won't have forgotten about me by the end of next week!)--the last candidate goes next Friday, and then they hope to move really quickly after that. So continued vibes would be much appreciated! =)

Re: AW: Thanks for the interview vibes!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! 17 people!  That's nuts!  But glad you feel it went well - hope you get a call back.::vibes::
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew you would rock that interview! SQUEE for new possibilities!  Continued vibes, as always, to you!! Hopefully these next 2 weeks go quickly for you!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's crazy!  But I'm so glad you're feeling confident about it!  continued vibes to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome that it went well!  I can't believe it was such a long day.  I guess they want to make sure all parties are still interested and everyone knows what they're getting into.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yayayay! I knew you'd rock the interview as well! :-) Continued vibes, of course!! And don't forget the rules of primacy & recency from Psych 101...they'll remember you & the last one most, but not so much the middle people. So here's to the last guy stinking it up! LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! So glad it went well!I thought about you lots yesterday and tried to send good thoughts. Hope you hear good news soon!
  • Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds promising!! So glad it went well and you feel  good about the day. Sending more vibes your way for a great outcome next week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it went so well, and didn't seem too terribly long, even with the dinner (at least they fed you, right? haha, I'm all about the food). Continued job vibes!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it went so well Traci!!  But WOW that was one heell of an interview!  17 people!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it went well!  Yay!  :D
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally hate eating during interviews...I never end up eating anything, because of the talking and trying not to spill or do anything dumb. You seem much better about that than me, though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trust me, I'm sure you set the bar high!  I'm so glad that it went well!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear that it went well! I met with about 15 people or so throughout the day when I interviewed at Heinz. They handed me an itinerary when I walked in!! So I guess some places do that!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it went well! What a long day!Can I ask what you do for a living? I know you've probably said before, I'm just curious!
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kwynn, I'm trying to stay kinda incognito, so will answer you on FB. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad things went well! I hope they make a decision quickly after the last interview, waiting is sooo hard!

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So great to hear! Continued vibes for you to be their pick.
  • Options
    lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay !!!! COntinued vibes for you!!  Hope the next 2 waiting weeks go fast!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards