Plus-Sized

PLUS SIZE BRIDES IN NJ - HAVE NO DRESS FEARS!!

Good afternoon ladies!  This might be a bit long, but I know posts like this would have helped me, so I just want to try and do the same for someone else.

For ladies in NJ, PA, and anywhere close to Cherry Hill, NJ...I found my dress and wanted to share the FABULOUS experience I had at the Alfred Angelo store in Cherry Hill.

I am a big girl (28/30 street size) and had intense anxiety about shopping for a dress.  My biggest fear....what if the sample sizes weren't big enough and I wouldn't be able to even try on a dress.  I could not imagine chosing my wedding dress by holding a dress up to myself to see what it might look like on me.

I had done some research online and found that Alfred Angelo carried most styles in sizes 2-28.  So I started looking at styles that fit what I thought I wanted.  Lucky for me there was a signature store in Cherry Hill, only 20 minutes from house.

From the moment you walked through the doors you could sense the warm welcome from the staff.  My consultant Aniyah was WONDERFUL.  She listened to things I liked and went to work.  Not only did she find styles that I loved, but she found my size (or darn close to it) in every single dress so I was able to try them on.  And bless her heart, she had a workout that day!  Those corsets are a lot of work.  I left my 1st appointment with some great ideas in mind.

I returned on my 2nd visit with the intention of showing my family 1 or 2 dresses that I decided were contenders.  It was the 1st time my sister and aunt had gone shopping with me so they went crazy!  They were pulling styles from all over and sort of took over the appointment.  Never once did I sense any pressure or frustration from Aniyah.  My family can be a bit loud and overwhelming but she took it all in stride.  She was even able to sense that I was begining to become lost in everyone's comments.  She helped me focus on my task and in the end, I chose a beautiful dress.  I can't wait for it to come in!

I have since been back a 3rd time to make a payment on the dress.  The girls in the shop hadn't forgot me (or my son who managed to take over the store on both appointments! 2 year old boys do NOT belong in a wedding dress shop!) and they were all so friendly.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about my experience.  The staff was attentive, friendly, warm, genuine, no pressure, helpful.  I was so happy with the service, I plan on returning to the same store with my sisters to pick out their bridesmaid dresses.

Before shopping here, I did visit 2 different David's Bridal locations.  The first was a smaller store and while the consultant was very attentive, they did not have a large selection of dresses for someone of my size to try on.  The 2nd was a larger location.  The dress selection was bigger, but the service was horrible!  I had an appointment and they were running behind by 20 minutes.  My consultant didn't help me in to any dresses and was more interested in what was going on with another party a few rooms down from me.  I was not impressed enough to return to ANY DB to purchase my dress!

So if you have hung in there with me and read this entire post I hope you found it helpful. And if you are not close to Cherry Hill, I would highly recommend an Alfred Angelo location near you.  

Re: PLUS SIZE BRIDES IN NJ - HAVE NO DRESS FEARS!!

• That dress is fabulous! I'm glad you found a great place with such a great experience!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • You should post this on your local board to the left too.  Glad you had such a great experience!
  • OMG!  I got my dress from there as well!  I had such a great experience!!  I ended up getting my dress from there on my second trip when we brought my dad back.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards