Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Officiants

Hey all!! soo does anyone know where I should go to find a nondenominational justice of the peace, judge, or mayor that can do our wedding ceremony?? It's at the Hilton Garden Inn - Southpointe .. neither I nor my fiance are really that religious, and we just want a quick, 20 minute ceremony. But i have no idea where to go to find what im looking for !! Thanks so much !!

Re: Officiants

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend getting in touch with Reverend Wayne Seamans. He officiated my wedding and was wonderful. [url]http://www.weddingsbywayne.com/[/url]He is very relaxed and will work with whatever you want to work into your ceremony.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how much does one normally budget in for an officiant?
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ugh Molly!  I was planning on meeting and officiant on Monday (Rev. Mark, www.asimplevow.com)  but now I am considering contacting Rev. Wayne... Because I know you ladies never give a bad recommendation.Also, we are looking for an officiant that is younger, to add to the young, contemporary feeling of our garden wedding.  He looks like he would fit the part!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vanessa...I've heard that Rev Mark is good, too, so I don't know if you have to worry. I don't recall what we paid for his services. I believe it was somewhere around $300? I could be wrong. It'll say on the websites for the people that you are considering.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well Rev. Mark's site says he charges 225 for a simple ceremony, and Rev. Wayne's states 250... I guess that included a tip?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Huh, not sure about that. $25 isn't that big of a difference. Maybe you should meet with both to see if you like? That's what I think. :)
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Rev. Mark & LOVED him! People asked if he was a family friend bc he made our ceremony so personal. He rolled with the punches & we really enjoyed our ceremony. Not stiff and formal at all, but not too casual either. We did a quick, 20 min ceremony also.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys !! this helped so much .. i will def. look into both Mark & Wayne and set up meetings !!
  • Options
    reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Rev Mark and when I met with him he was really personable, the only downside was that we were supposed to meet at Panera in robinson, and they knew i lived about an hour away and when i was 10 min away they called and said they couldnt make it. I ended up meeting them at their house though, so all was good.  He/his wife are also really easy to get ahold of if you need anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards