Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

guess who FB just suggested should be my new friend?

FMIL!! gee, now will FI believe me that she is spying, or trying to at least?! we have no mutual friends, but we should if she were actually utilizing her page rather than using it to SPY! she has no picture, nothing. i sent FI a picture of the computer screen. he just laughed. thank god i'm totally private. and to boot, i just made it so that none of FI's friends can even see my status updates. smackdown.

Re: guess who FB just suggested should be my new friend?

• Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh.  Annoying!I need to go through FB and clean up some friends and change privacy settings on some others. 
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, i just did some of that the other night. i like that you can customize who can see or not see certain things. it's tedious, but nice to have.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Random FB question - is there a way for me to block updates from some friends?  I don't want to block the person entirely, but their status updates annoy me.  Ha!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES!! i found out on accident, but have since begun doing it frequently bc there are some ppl that just drive me nuts! if you roll the mouse over to the right of their status (pretend it's a big rectangle from their picture to just before the righthand column) a "hide" button should appear as your mouse rolls over it. click hide, and it will hide that person from appearing in your news feed. "hide" has been my new bff. oops! i'm sure ppl have me "hidden" as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh! Stoopid FB!Hide has bene my new BFF too. No worries Jbean, you have not been hidden!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also interested in that KR, I'm not at all FB savy.  I think some people think it's twitter or that they're so important that people want to know what they're doing every hour of the day (not that that suprises me with said friend).  But I wish they'd quit clogging up my home page lol.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks!  I can't FB at work, but I'll check it out at home. 
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh goodness Jen!! Are you bringing this up in your therapy session tonight?  I "Like" hiding people on FB and especially hiding their quizzes, those things drive me insane!  I have a friend who did like 10 a day...she's now hidden!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I lurve the Hide feature! I hide a lot of people who write stupid statuses, and more than anything else, all the stupid games and applications/quizzes. I just don't care! Sorry to anyone who plays said games/apps! Just know that I am not paying attention. That is why I like Twitter better....no stupid apps! Just straight up status updates, lol.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, how annoying. She's a lot worse than I ever imagined!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm not sure if i'll bring it up. i mean, she certainly is allowed to have a FB page. my mom does. FMIL didn't ask me to be her friend. but she also didn't ask betsy (FSIL) to be her friend either. which is why i'm fairly certain she's just got it to see if she can peek in on people (possibly even FSIL, who knows). that's what sparked a fight about a month ago-she saw something on my FB page that upset her and i didn't know how that had happened (needless to say i realized my page was not private like i thought it was, and since then i have been going wacko with customizing my private settings! now FI's friends have been banned from seeing my status updates!). so it made me wonder, but FI insisted that it was one of my current friends that had leaked to her. despite feeling that all of his friends are pretty trustworthy, and only 2 of them *might* talk to her and would never say anything, i wasn't sure. i'm just sayin-if she was actually using her page bc she wanted to have a FB page....we would have some mutual friends. just sayin.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the hide feature!  I have the vast majority of my friends on hidden.  I don't care if people hide me either.  I don't have Jennybean on hide though.  I actually enjoy reading her updates :).  Come to think of it, I don't know if I have any of the knotties on hide.  SILs, cousins, and nieces, yes however.  I completed turned off one of my sister-in-laws because she is a b!tch.  It's fun when my one niece talks to her though because it looks like my niece is talking to herself.  My MIL asked to be my friend, and I ignored her (actually, DH and I both did :P).  She's been throwing a hissy fit about it.  I'm thinking about letting her be my friend but in a very stringent no posting, no reading, just see pictures, type friend.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh, shannon, really?! i would totally go in and fix it so that she can't see anything but pictures then. what a PITA! haha. i'm so honored i'm not hidden! my mom prob has me hidden, she's tired of listening to me/reading me! lol.
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MIL got a big fat "IGNORE" on her FB friend request. i don't need her checking up on me. DH also ignored her, lol. My FB has been on super private lockdown for the past few years (I'm uber paranoid about future job prospects being affected because of some drinking pictures or something), so at least she can't spy on anything without being given friend status
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards