Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

netbooks...

Anyone know anything about them?  We're looking to get one for me and one for him but I wanted to know if anyone has heard anything good or bad about them?  TIA!

Re: netbooks...

• Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be interested in the responses to this too...my laptop is officially dead.  :(  I looked at some at Best Buy yesterday and they just look so tiny. 
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a HP netbook.  I love it.  It doesn't have anything on it  i.e, word, excel or anything like that, you can get it installed on it if you desire.  It also doesn't have an internal dvd/cd drive.  The keys are really close together, which drives FI crazy but it doesn't bother me.  I like it for sitting on the couch surfing the net, downloading music and uploading pictures.  That's about all I use it for!
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and it fits in my purse...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keagan starts a new school in August which is a 40 minute drive and only 3 hours... so it's pointless for me to drive home everyday after I drop him off.  Buying a netbook is my attempt to not shop 4 days a week!  haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I turned to the computer guru (aka my little brother) for this question.  He works with computers all day long.  He says that as long as your just using it to surf the net, check e-mails, and download minimal amounts they are great.  If you are looking to work on it for business, large downloads, need a lot of memory, then you need a notebook.  He says for the price though, you can't beat them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards