Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Question for you all, about my brothers wedding

First off, I had to admit, I must of been the WORST Knottie on here.. I am sorry for sucking with correspondence. It is hard for me when I only have a chance to get online at work and I am only in office 3 days a week... So sorry again!Second... I am not a bridesmaid in my brothers wedding but seeing that it is my brother, I am going to be there all day helping, getting pics etc... I am trying to find a dress, what is appropriate and what is not. I feel like I should be a little dressier than I would if I was going to just a friends wedding. Do I stear completely away from their colors, so to not look like a bridesmaid?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Question for you all, about my brothers wedding

• Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go for a slightly dressier dress in a color other than their bridesmaid dresses.  You could still do a short dress, just look for a dressier material/cut.  What color were you thinking of wearing?

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    linzylee9linzylee9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of wearing a long length dress, the bms are wearing tea length. But since changed my mind seeing that this will take place all outside and it has the possibility of being very hot... So I guess a cocktail type dress, I am looking at Modcloth. Davids had nothing that I liked...Congrats on the pregnancy, I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months... It will fly by!!! (although it doesn't seem like that now) Best of Luck!!! Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For SIL's wedding, I wore a dressier shorter dress in a non-clashing color.  I think it worked just fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are your brother's colors?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI was a GM at a wedding and wearing a tux, so I felt like dressing up more. I wore a knee-length kelly green taffeta dress from JCrew and fit right in. Didn't look under-dressed for FI being in a tux and didn't look like a bridesmaid.
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that this dress from Modcloth is GORGEOUS - [url]http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Dresses/The+Alix+Dress[/url]   this one's cute too- [url]http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Dresses/Atmosphere+Dress[/url]   also this one but I don't know if it'd hold boobs over a B cup [url]http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Dresses/The+Breathless+Dress+in+Midnight[/url]  I didn't realize how much more stuff Modcloth has now, it's crazy!  There are a lot of really cute dresses that are sold out, unfortunately :(

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim - Indigo and brown?!
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *Pam butts in*  Linzy - would you please post a couple of wedding photos here?I have followed along while you were planning your wedding and I would love to see a couple of photos!Who was your bagpiper?  George Balderose will be playing at my daughter's wedding.Thanks!Pam
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pam, yay lemme see, I can't do the pro pics bc I don't have the rights to them ... ARRRGGHHH I did you George, HE WAS AWESOME! As soon as I heard him practice, I lost it! He was THE BEST!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I put a link to a photobucket album would that work or can you only view directly on here?
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Linzy,Yeah, a link would work, or if you don't want to put the link on here, please email it to me at morainemom@live.comOh, I am so glad that you had George and liked him!I found him online during a google search and then my daughter and I met him at at Bridal Show in Jan. 2008 and heard him play.I also bought all of his CDs and we booked him!  He is great.  I get chills listening to his CDs. :)Thank-you so much for sharing your photos with me. I really appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards