Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

this may have been posted already about Sunday here in the burgh

Is anyone going to the bridal show on Sunday?
image.

Re: this may have been posted already about Sunday here in the burgh

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    or has anyone been to this show before?
    image.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which one is it? Is it Cavanaughs? I went to a Cavanaughs one and it gave me some ideas, but I felt bad afterwards, throwing so much stuff out. I didn't meet any vendors there, but there was cake. So all in all, it was a fun day!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Yes it is Cavanaughs Sorry I should have mentioned that. :) Cake does make for a good day
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Cavanaugh's one back in Jan. 2008, and that's where I found my videographer, which then led me to my photog and my DJ. I think bridal shows are a hit or miss, but there's no harm in checking it out and getting ideas. One was definitely enough for me though!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me, the cake was the highlight. If I remember correctly, Cavanaugh's is one of the biggest in town, so if you're not sure about some vendors, it could be helpful. And if any vendors are there that you want to book, you can get a discount if you book that day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think i'm going to pop in. i had really good luck at their show in january. i really need to book a limo, and they're usually offering a slight discount if you book the day of the show, so that's my goal. i may have to go alone though-i asked my FSIL if she wanted to go with me, but she doesn't seem to be talking to me at the moment. pout.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm I went to one of these once, when I still had like 15 months to plan.  It was a fun thing for me and my sister to do to bond.  Also, a lady from Davids Bridal pretty much forced me into signing up for an appointment, telling me that its never too early to try on dresses.  Then when I was at the appointment, I ended up buying the  dress I loved, though I feel like I was kindof rushed into that too.  But in the end, I am super happy with my dress, but the brideshow just didn't do anything for me but rush my decision.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend & I are planning on going. We both have a lot of our vendors settled, but we still are looking for some also. From what I hear, you can also usually lock in decent tux rates at the shows, so that is one of the reasons I am going. See if I can get that taken care of...
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah! i signed FI up for a tux back in january without consulting with him first-i knew he wouldn't care! mens tuxedo warehouse offers the groom free and $10 off each of the rest of the boys if you sign up that day. i figured $10 off was $10 off! now i just have to get him to actually go there and pick out a tux...
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    we went to American COmmodore Tuxedo yesterday (at Robonson Mall) For the FI and his dad to be fit for tuxes for a wedding we're going to next month and they had some killer deals.. (we're talking lik $59 for the tux) and the gentleman at the store said that they have even better deals at the shows so that is one of the reasons I'm considering going. all of my BMs are busy. so I'm thinking about going it alone although scared of being pushed into things
    image.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'll prob just go alone also. don't be afraid-just lie and tell them you already have that vendor booked and don't need what they're selling. or tell them that you are merely getting ideas, you have to run everything past your FI first before agreeing to anything. i don't seem to find anyone all that pushy though. they offer their info and let you be for the most part.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not to change the subject, but we used American Commodore and loved them. I signed up for their internet deals and had an email for a great price. If their bridal show prices are even better, I'd go for it! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not going, but I do have a coupon in my email for $2 off, or if you buy online, $3 off. If anyone wants it send me an email. :)ReannaLynne AT gmail DOT com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    good to know about american commodore.. they seemed SO nice yesterday. and I think you may be on to something with the whole "need to run it by my FI.." thing. He used that excuse on Sayurday when a telemarketer from comcast called. lol made me laugh!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I may go.  I still need a limo and may just go to see how much of a discount I can get and see if I can do any negioating (sp?).  I have it narrowed down to 2 companies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom and I are going.  I'm coming in from Maryland to see some vendors.  I really need a DJ and a florist, though I'm thinkiong I may have a florist.  i'm glad some of you are going!  I hope to see you there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Point202Point202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister and I are going.  I'm mostly interested in the free cake, the gown shows and getting some info about DJs and photographers.  My wedding is more than a year away, so I'm in no position to book anything at the moment.  I'm actually not much in the mood lately to do wedding planning... I figure at the very least the show will kick me in the butt and make me realize that I need to get back to the planning!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    I have been thinking about it all day and the more that i think about it the more i really think I am def going to go. At the very least there may be some fun potential prizes to win or something.. and then I read there is going to be a Maggie Sottero Fashion show and since I am SO intimidated on the dress end of things i think this might help to get me more excited. I do hope to see some of you ladies there!
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards