Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Ah, wedding nightmares

I've had them off and on, about forgetting to order something or get the dress altered. But last night's was quite...interesting.I was getting married at the reception venue (which appeared to be a small restaurant, which I crammed all 250 of our guests into. I walked down the aisle backwards, and was followed by a full Black Gospel Choir. When I got to the front, my dad was performing the ceremony and I was marrying Brad Pitt (WTF? I don't even like him!) Almost immediately after the ceremony, I regretted my decision, because "family obviously wasn't as important to him as it is to me!" Yeah, I actually shouted that in the middle of the reception. I tried to get my friends together to go out bar hopping to take my mind off my already failed marriage and since there was no booze there (Again, WTF?) They had all left, except for my high school band director. So I walked home through the streets of London (How I know that, I don't know. I've never been there.) to my hotel where I cried all night. And then my uncle came the next morning just to tell me it was all my fault, since it's always "the woman's fault."Well, at least I know that the actual wedding can't possibly go this horribly!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Ah, wedding nightmares

• Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow! That certainly IS interesting. Makes mine last week look like a walk in the park. I dreamed that my mom, sister and I went to pick up my dress. When the lady brought it out, it wasn't a dress at all. It was a horribly ugly one piece outfit that had black pants and a Cliff Huxtable / Bill Cowher sweater on top. EW! I said, this isn't my dress over and over. Not making a scene but upset (obviously!) and everyone was like, It's Fine. It'll be OK. It's FIne. And oblivious to the fact that i was upset. I asked them to call someone to figure out what happened so all the women in the shop (that had NO clothes or really any merchandise that was visibile) went to a phone bank (like on a telethon). None of the phones worked. Again all the sing-song, it's fine. fine. Finally, my FI came to my rescue to fix the phones and find out what went wrong. WEIRD.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Weird, yet entertaining dreams, lol. I had some, mainly just centered around the theme of not being prepared. You guys are right though- anything that may not go as expected will certainly not be nearly as bad as your dreams!
  • Options
    dvanskydvansky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had a few wedding nighmares already. The first one, we were in the church and getting ready to put the rings on and for whatever reason I had never seen them, and I thought they were the ugliest things I had ever seen. So there I am in front of everyone screaming bloody murder because I thought the rings were hideous. Another one, is a long one, but long story short everything was horribly WRONG at the reception. I mean everything. That one woke me up lol FI thinks I'm crazy now...lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards