Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Blah

I am going to a friend's tupperware party in a few weeks, and she just emailed me saying I am the only one who can make it! So it will be just me, her, and the tupperware lady!! I am trying to think of people to invite, but I don't have many friends down here (I know that sounds pitiful, but true...not close to my coworkers, one friend goes to seminary, but she doesn't have the $ to spend). I really love tupperware, but I feel like it's going to be awkward now and that I'm going to be pressured more.That's all. Random I know, but since it's slow.

Re: Blah

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm surprised the Tupperware lady is still going to come to a party with 1 guest. That seems like it's not going to net the company much money. I know where you're coming from about not having many friends in the area. Now that so many of my friends from grad school have moved away, I don't have a ton of friends in the really local area either. It'll get better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thats going to be the most awkward thing ever.  I would honestly try to get your friend to reshcedule for a time when other people can come.  I kinda hate those things tho... they always try to pressure you to buy stuff. And I feel like I need to since it will get the host free stuff. Maybe it won't be so bad tho...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping not! She won a free party at another party she went to....it was one of the prizes during a game, and before everyone played the game, they had to agree to host the party if they got that prize! Maybe I will suggest changing the date, though the invites are out already, etc. There must be a reason why she hasn't though... Yea, I hear ya Shannon. I'm actually not lonely though...I have DH, and there's this friend and her BF. Then my seminarian friend is moving back this weekend. Plus I've started posting on the DC Nest, so I'm sure I will eventually make friends on there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uh, I think this would be really weird, I'd get her to change the date if I were you.  I also love tupperware, but you might feel pressured to buy more since you'll be the only guest.  I also know what you mean about not having many close friends in the area.  All my best friends are in Pittsburgh, and most of my friends in MD are my FI's friends girlfriends or wives, since he's lived there his whole life. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards