Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Anyone own a chainsaw?!!!!

A girl who wanted my couch that I posted on craigslist just came over and we could not get it out the door. Jenn, Molly, Michelle - you girls have seen this massive couch. Apparently, it wants to stay in the apartment. I just want to cry, because I don't know what we are going to do with this stupid thing. Ugh!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
My Doha Adventures

Re: Anyone own a chainsaw?!!!!

• Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! But I lol'd as soon as I saw the post, because I KNEW what was going to be inside :)I think Dave might find it fairly satisfying to smash the couch to bits, right? Get him a hammer and let him go at it :)Otherwise, we have a chainsaw, a hacksaw, a circular saw, a sawzall, and numerous other sharp tools that I cannot name, the only problem would be getting over to your place before you leave!
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh no! how did you get it in there in the first place??!!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did it get into the apt?!  Sorry to hear that!  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got it in thru the front door - JUST barely. We got it stuck in the entry way, and then had to take our front door off the hinges to get it in. It has paint all over it from when we shoved it in. Jenn, I wish we could find a time to make it work! A chainsaw would be perfect.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When Graham moved into his first apartment in Regent Square, he bought a new couch that wouldn't fit up the stairs.  They pulled it up to the third floor onto the deck with ropes.  It still wouldn't fit through that door!  He honestly took it apart carefully, got it through the door, then reassembled it and fastened the fabric back on.  Just an option... haha.  It took many hours, but when he moved out, he did it again and sold it for $200.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, we had to take the feet and the base off of our couches when we bought it...and then the doorknobs off, haha.  It took a looooong time, but my very determined DH made it fit. 
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No chainsaw, but we're in the same boat.  When we move out, our basement couch stays.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he had to take all of or furniture up over the back deck (on the second floor) and through the kitchen to get it in our apartment. Sorry to hear but I hope you find a chainsaw and if not maybe a hammer!
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards