Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Preparing the suit

Graham's suit (oh and he went with the khaki) has been crammed in the closet for months. I took it out and told him he should get it ironed and ready.  Then I thought, hmmm, why not have it steamed?  It would be a lot less work and would probably look much better.Is it very expensive to have this done?  Do you think it's the best option?The bridal shop has been making such a fuss about my dress being steamed and being hung perfectly without a bag, so I figured we should treat his clothes the same way, right?

Re: Preparing the suit

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No that shouldn't be expensive at all. I had my dress steamed (for TTD pics) at Alterations Express on McKnight and it was cheap for the dress. I don't think it would cost a lot for the suit. I think that's a great idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think there are places like alterations express that does steaming for under $10.  Do you know what material the suit is?  If it's linen that might not steam well (I know raw silk also won't steam well and has to be cold ironed).If my steamer still worked I'd offer to do it for you :-/
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what exactly the material is but it's not linen.  Maybe I'll have him call a few places.  Thanks for the offer if you had still! That's sweet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can just have it pressed at the dry cleaners.
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, good!(I just know nothing about this kind of thing!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say if it has pleats, then get it pressed at the dry cleaners. Cause they will put really nice pleats back in the pants.  And you might want to have the shirt starched.  If its more of a cotton suit or casual 'vacation suit' then I think steaming would be fine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards