September 2012 Weddings

so tempted to chop it off!

When we got engaged I figured ok, i'll let my grow just to see how far I get and hopefully be able to do something with it for the wedding. I LOVED my short style (and so did everyone else) and the growing out process is uber painful. I miss taking 5 mins to blow dry my hair at the gym!
The half bird cage veil I plan on wearing does look fantastic with the short style, but I just don't want to say "i wish i had grown it out" come September.

It was this short a year ago...

A bit longer (and perfect length imo) in April (destination wedding in vegas)...

Started letting it grow this fall it was growing...

And it's growing...

SLOWLY!!

Please just tell me to suck it up and deal with it!! lol
invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: so tempted to chop it off!

• edited December 2011
    oh and just for reference... this was a few years ago when I had my longer/bob style cut... I loved it but keeping it straight was a PITA!

• Well you look great no matter the length of your hair.  I say continue on your path.  I know hair never grows as fast as we want it to but yours seems to be doing just fine.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Don't cut it off!!

There, I said it, because you wanted to hear it.  But you're one of those annoying people whose hair looks fantastic no matter what.  And I hate you for it.

Haha I'm just kidding.  But really- you look beautiful in every single one of the pictures you posted.  I think the longer hair makes you look a little younger because of how it frames your face, but I really love every single length.

I think you should keep growing it out so you don't have any regrets, but really think about it before the wedding.  When you see the length, maybe you'll look at yourself and really just want it short.  If that happens, chop it off.  But at least give your longer hair a chance :)
  • Keep growing it so there are no regrets. Closer to your wedding day you can try it with your new longer hair, and if you're not happy you can always cut it then :) 
  • Don't do it girl!!!

Like BMc said- just keep growing it and then see.

I'm regretting cutting mine last spring.  It's not going to be the length I want it in Sept :(
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Ok, I'm totally going to go the opposite way. CHOP it off!

I was the exact same way and wanted to let my hair grow for the wedding but I just don't like it. I love my hair short and so I got it cut this morning, SO HAPPY. My thought was that I can always get temp extensions for the wedding so I can do whatever I want on the wedding but I just couldn't do it anymore. If you love it short, cut it!!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_tempted-chop-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:1c8a9755-e77e-483d-80ce-c7362ba8c418Post:32067c75-6b7c-433c-bed9-6d5c15495011">Re: so tempted to chop it off!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I'm totally going to go the opposite way. CHOP it off! I was the exact same way and wanted to let my hair grow for the wedding but I just don't like it. I love my hair short and so I got it cut this morning, SO HAPPY. <strong>My thought was that I can always get temp extensions for the wedding </strong>so I can do whatever I want on the wedding but I just couldn't do it anymore. If you love it short, cut it!!!!!
    Posted by futuregabriel[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what I was going to suggest. I say cut it off and then look into hair extensions if your hair isn't long enough come wedding time.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also mama, you're freakin GORGEOUS.</div>
    Anniversary
  • I feel your pain! I'm trying to grow my hair out and it's finally long enough to put into a ponytail, so that has taken a little of the annoyance out of it. I usually chop it off before it gets to any real length that I can make a style out of though. FWIW, I think you look amazing and you are definitely one of those who can pull off short hair very well so if you're more comfortable with that then I say chop it off!
  • I am pretty lucky that I can wear my hair any length and any colour really - check out the pick below. I'm actually naturally blonde haha

• I think your hair looks great both short and in the bob. I would agree with the others and say hold off on cutting it until close to the wedding and then see how you feel. Ive been growing my hair out since I got engaged in April and its been killing me not touching it. I have super thin/fine hair so it looks best when its in a layered bob. The second I get back from our honeymoon its gonna get chopped!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started letting my hair grow right before Megan and I met (July 2009) and other than the occasional trim and annual perm, I haven't taken off any significant length since.  At first, she just wanted me to have it a little longer, like she'd seen in some of my older pics, so I thought - it's only hair - and let it start growing.  After we got engaged (December 2010), I decided I wanted to let it grow as long as possible for the wedding.  Like many of the PPs have said, my opinion would be to let it grow and if you just can't stand it a month or so out from the wedding, then cut it. 

This was Megan's brother's wedding in early August 2009 (I am in grey)

This isn't the best picture to show off my hair, but it is past my shoulders and when straightened, it is past my bra-line on my back.  This was taken at our church in mid-December 2011. (I am in black)

Just my $.03    ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• 1. Your son is adorable.
    2. I'm super jealous you have the most versatile hair in the world.

3. DON'T CUT IT!  Give it a little more time and have a bridal hair trial.  If you still don't like it, chop it.  That way you will have no regrets
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Wow you look great with any hair style and color. I would try and let it grow but that's just me. Your son is too cute by the way!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am in the chop it off crowd!  I chopped mine right after we got engaged and my friends and family were mortified.  "Who does that before their wedding?" Hmmmm me I guess!  My hair grows super fast and is already back to where it was pre-chopped.  FI loves it either way so I say go for it!
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards