September 2012 Weddings

Cute ways to ask Maid of Honor? :)

I selected my wedding party very early in the process because they were all dead give aways, but I could not decide what to do about my maid of honor. I have 2 sisters that I love very much, but they are more like twins. They were only 11 months apart and they have been best friends forever, I am 6 years younger than them so it is a little different of course. As I've gotten older me and my sisters did become closer, and I would even consider the younger of the two to be my best friend (SOMETIMES) other times, like sisters do, we hate eachother and dont talk for weeks. I have had teh same best friend since 7th grade, and I decided this week I must have her as my maid of honor, I know she is going to be shocked because everyone assumes I'll pick my sister. I really want an awesome way to ask her... ideas? :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Cute ways to ask Maid of Honor? :)

• edited December 2011
    My sis already knows she's IT but I got her this for xmas ;)

(click below)

Will you be my...
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've seen a lot of cute ideas on Pinterest....of course I'm looking right now and can't find anything, lol.

You could always buy a giant fake diamond ring (like a plastic one from the dollar store or something), get down on one knee and say "will you be my maid of honor?" like you're proposing.
    Anniversary
  • I didn't do anything exciting.  I'm pretty lame.  It was just me and my MOH at the beach and I asked, since we were on the topic of me being engaged.  I think she was so shocked that I even asked her that, that in itself was enough.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_cute-ways-ask-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:2d370632-d119-4732-b09e-0cd4cdd169dfPost:ef5f07a9-6ea7-4524-b4b4-56b8f344db2c">Re: Cute ways to ask Maid of Honor? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I've seen a lot of cute ideas on Pinterest</strong>....of course I'm looking right now and can't find anything, lol. You could always buy a giant fake diamond ring (like a plastic one from the dollar store or something), get down on one knee and say "will you be my maid of honor?" like you're proposing.
    Posted by jessa1228[/QUOTE]

I'm new to this whole pinterest thing- what the heck is it? I wanna do it!
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_cute-ways-ask-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:2d370632-d119-4732-b09e-0cd4cdd169dfPost:be2553fa-3e45-40de-815c-6a75eb3e02f8">Re: Cute ways to ask Maid of Honor? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cute ways to ask Maid of Honor? :) : I'm new to this whole pinterest thing- what the heck is it? I wanna do it!
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

<div>If you PM me your email address I'll send you an invite. You create boards and "pin" stuff to them. It's basically a great place to get ideas for various things, like wedding stuff, recipes, etc.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Mine lives in TX, and I'm in WA, so I just asked her during our weekly chat. I think she asked if I needed any help, and I said that what I really needed was someone to stand by my side in a pretty dress and smile, and then I asked her to be my MOH.
    Not the cutest, but hey, it worked :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I asked my MOH to be a bridesmaid on the phone (she was the second person I called, we've been friends forever and I've known she would be in my bridal party/MOH for years).  We live in different states now so I decided to wait to ask her to be my MOH in person the first time I saw her two months later (a traditional Starbucks coffee date).  She asked to see my wedding binder and started looking at bridesmaid dress pictures.  I just paused for a minute and just said "Katie, I've been dying to ask you for a really long time, but will you please be my Maid of Honor?"  It's wasn't anything special but it was a wonderful moment for the two of us.  I don't think asking her needs to be some big production unless you want it to be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • This is super cheesy.... but I ordered my maid of honor a box of chocolates with a card that said "our day would be so much sweeter if you would be a part of it". its corny,... but she loved it :) 
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think that asking in a cute way is a big "production".  Its just a fun way to ask.  My girls knew they were going to be in it since before I was even engaged.  I wanted to do something cute/funny, since that's the type of relationships we have. 

I made cards for them with barbie dresses on a stand and a few cosmetic stamps around the dress.  In side said the top 10 reasons to be my bridesmaid, personalized with things between each of us.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_cute-ways-ask-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:2d370632-d119-4732-b09e-0cd4cdd169dfPost:de57646e-07f1-4780-a181-f2ed347e3014">Re: Cute ways to ask Maid of Honor? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think that asking in a cute way is a big "production".  Its just a fun way to ask.  My girls knew they were going to be in it since before I was even engaged.  I wanted to do something cute/funny, since that's the type of relationships we have.  I made cards for them with barbie dresses on a stand and a few cosmetic stamps around the dress.  In side said the top 10 reasons to be my bridesmaid, personalized with things between each of us.
    Posted by DirtyWater[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Love the barbie dress idea!! Thanks!</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I plan on making a small photo book with pictures of us all through our friendship on Shutterfly. (We have been best friends since Kindergarten.) And then at the end the last page will "pop the question". 

I also agree with PPs. Pintrest is a good resource for these things. I have a few ideas pinned onto my wedding ideas board. http://pinterest.com/karalmartin/ 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards