Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Restaurant Recomendations

Hey ladies, I'm going to Pittsburgh for a coaching conference this weekend and wanted to get some restaurant recommendations. Also a good bakery to go to would be awesome.Thanks in advance!I will be staying near route 76 and 28, if that helos. I have never been to Pittsburgh!

Re: Restaurant Recomendations

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't live in the 'Burgh, so I am horrible with directions and such - but I love The Claddagh, it's on the South Side.Also in the South Side is the Hofbräuhaus, a German restaurant that is really, really good.  Great food and a fun place.My daughter and her FI love the Church Brew Works.I don't know about bakeries - but I know the morning people will be able to help you a lot.
  • Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So you'll be near Harmar off of the turnpike, then? For restaurants downtown, I love Sonoma Grille or Six Penn Kitchen. Closer to where you are staying, in Oakmont (literally 5 minutes away!) there's are several great places. My faves: The Mighty Oak Barrel and the Boulevard Bistro. There's a new Mexican place in Harmar, the Three Amigos, which is great, quick and inexpensive. Oakmont Bakery is AWESOME. Anyone in the hotel should be able to direct you there. Have fun on your first trip to the 'burgh! HTH and GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom went to the Oakmont bakery yesterday for the first time.  She called me and could barely speak because she was so overwhelmed by how great her experience was there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Candice - I used to live about a block and a half from there when I first came back from NYC. That place is ADDICTIVE. You get hit by this delicious smell of frosting and cakes when you walk in. Hmmm. I might have to make a visit soon! :)
  • Options
    julieyarzjulieyarz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go to Oakmont Bakery, you have to try the Oakmonter.  I suggest the Oakmonter bar, more reasonable in size than the entire cake.
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Oakmont Bakery - my cousin works there so every time we head to Oakmont there is always a treat waiting for us at their house.  Since you'll be close to 28, Freeport Road in Aspinwall has a good restaurant called Luma! Enjoy your stay in Pittsburgh!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really want a baked good right now!If you have some spare time while you're here, try to make it downtown to ride the incline up to Mt. Washington.  It's one thing we recommend to visitors.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh Oakmont Bakery is FABULOUS!!! Also somewhat off 28 is Dozen's Bakery!  Best cupcakes!!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend the Strip District (wholesale markets and little shops and restaurants) on Saturday mornings.  And the Enrico Biscotti Company is a fantastic little Italian bakery and cafe in the area - check it out if you can![url]http://enricobiscotti.com/[/url] 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KR - I thought of you last Saturday when I saw the biscotti place!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont have much in the way of recs.  But I'm also a rugby bride! I played in college.  I was a wing. I was thinking about doing the women's football team around here, but its just not the same.Anyway- Saturday's a Rugby Day!  lol- and a wedding day
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your suggestions ladies, I will def be visiting the Oakmont bakery.Fellow rugger- you should join! I play for the Rochester Women's team and love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards