September 2012 Weddings

Met with our cake lady!

This is our inspiration. I am soooo excited. She does this mini version of the cake 3 weeks before the date to clarify if we're all on the same page about the design or make changes. It was awesome. But now FI is at work til very very late :/ and I'm sad. ha

Re: Met with our cake lady!

• wineo929wineo929 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of a mini cake before the wedding. That's a great thing! Unique cake, too! I like it :)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah! Do you have flavors picked out?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, we're the super boring flavors of white and chocolate. 
    I'm doing my VERY VERY VERY best to keep everything under $2k for the whole thing without diminishing any quality if that makes sense.
    But she's doing all the stuff mentioned before PLUS delivery almost 30 mins away all for $315. We lucked out with her.

We're going to have this cake topper but in a "T". It was crazy the difference between foundant and creme icing. I thought it was just all about the foundant, but the cake with the creme was so much more moist and flavorful. We just decided on the creme. And the little sample cakes she made for us (TOTALLY NOT EXPECTING!!) had these cute little flowers on there in white that sorta match the flowers in the picture. She seemed eager to use her creativity so I told her to go on and make the flowers instead of using real ones. She was super excited, and she's like an independent at home cake maker, so her whole family was there. They're from India and it was really really special to see their traditional Indian wedding pictures in India!
  • The cake was one of my favorite things! I love the look of your inspiration cake and you can't beat such an awesome price! :)
  • My cake is being made by my bridesmaid actually, as our wedding gift, but she does the same thing that you're talking about. She is an at home cakemaker, and her  little daughter (3 yrs old) gets right into it too, she gets all excited, and shares the pictures with people. 

I gave her some inspiration pictures of what I liked, and told her that I trust her, go for it :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards