September 2012 Weddings

Shower drama...opinions?

I would have posted this in Etiquette, but I know you girls here and the girls on that board seem to enjoy cutting other people down, from the few posts I've read.

The last time I saw my future in-laws, my FMIL asked about planning and things like that.  I mentioned that I think I'm not having a shower because my mom feels awful that she can't throw it (no money), neither can my bridesmaids and we already have a house so we don't "need" anything (it would all be wants).  FMIL immediately said not to worry about it, that she, her sister and her daughter (who is my bridesmaid) are throwing it.  I thanked her and said it wasn't necessary, but she insisted.
Last night...
I asked her if she'd like help from the MOH and the third bridesmaid, and she informed me that she doesn't want their help and my side of the family isn't invited.  Um....  Am I wrong to be hurt?  
She made it clear that it isn't about money (they have more than enough), but its about preference.  She wants to hold it where she wants it (an hour from where I live) and she only wants her friends and family there.  She then said that my mom and God mother could come, but thats it.
I would only be slightly hurt about this if she had told me from the beginning that it was only for their side, but by now I've told my family that his mom is throwing one.  How the hell do I retract this without making his mom look like she doesn't like my family (they've never even met) and without causing drama??
My family was not invited to contrubute to the cost or anything, she just said she prefers it was only their side.
This really rubbed me the wrong way.  It's NOT about the shower (Again, I don't even need one), but I just don't like the idea that this is a marriage of two families and she's choosing to segregate it.  

Am I wrong?
September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards