Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

knottie vibes work!!! WE GOT THE HOUSE!

FI called as I was walking out the door (right after I posted the vibes request) and said we got it!  How about that???  I'm sooooo excited!  Now, we have nothing to put in it!  lol.  We're moving in at the beginning of September... so if anyone hears of any appliances, furniture or anything for a house being sold super cheap... let me know!  Thanks girls!!!

Re: knottie vibes work!!! WE GOT THE HOUSE!

• Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awe yay! congrats.I would check craigslist. Ill keep an ear open for ya, FI and I are moving soon as well so I might be able to get you some

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats!!check listings for local estate sales!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, how exciting!  Hope your little one had a great first day at preschool, too :)I would check out freecycle.org for FREE furniture and house accessories for your move- I'm pretty sure they have a group in Pittsburgh!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yaaaaaaay!!! That is so great!! Congratulations! I'll keep my ears open about furniture and stuff. Do we get to see pics??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I took pics... but the outside of the house has these ginormous pine trees, so I'm not sure how good the pic came out.  As soon as things settle down here I'll post pics.  And Keagan's first day of preschool went well.  It was just an orientation so we just got to play for a lil bit.  It's actually his second year of preschool so it's not too hard on either of us! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I justed congratulated you on FB, but I will say it again: Congrats!!! GL filling up the house! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also check estate sales. They sell stuff really cheap!
  • Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    another good place to go is Ikea! There stuff isnt too expensive IMO, as long as you dont mind putting it together. My bed/mattress is from there along with everything else in my bedroom and I havent had a problem with it

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting. Congrats! FI and I are going to start house hunting soon. I have a feeling it will be a long process.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do I go about finding the estate sales?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh!!!  I'm so excited for you!!!!  Getting a house is so exciting!!!  I'll go through some of my furniture- we might have some extra stuff.  People keep giving us stuff.  I know we have a crappy couch- not sure if you'd want that tho. Do you get the pennysaver? Estate Sales are in there.  We've been hitting them up like crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Def. check Craig's List and estate sales.  They are usually listed in the Penny Saver, Craig's List and the paper.  Here is a website I have been using to check well-http://www.pghestatesales.com/. Hope that helps!  I bought a dining room table that is was in excellent condition at an estate sale.  Can't wait to move it all in after the closing Friday!I'm going to have to check out Free Cycle!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS...IF you go to Ikea...don't buy a bed there!  My bed is broke!  I also have a friend that her Ikea bed broke on her!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats!! Craigslist will def be your friend! Oh, we have a dryer we are selling, if you need one. I'm not sure if it's gas or electric though. Let me know if you're interested, and I can find out! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards