Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

I'm back from vacation!

Phew!  Its sooo good to be home!  I'm just popping in to say hello and tell you how my vacation went. I must say.... never again! haha.  I really thought that my family could put all their differences aside and have a nice vacation, but it was sooo stressful.  everyone got on each others nerves so bad... sometimes I feel like I'm the only normal one in my whole family =(  My three little nieces didn't help on making it very relaxing either.  But it wasn't all that bad.  We had a great time at the beach and waterpark and pool, and it was great having both the families together.  I am just looking forward to the next relaxing vacation that Paul and I get to take ALONE. I am also super excited because we are going for our tasting at Treesdale this afternoon... and our menu is going to be AMAZING.  oh and I am so nervous about my first day of work tomorrow!  eeeek!Well I hope that everyone had a great week and a half.... I miss knotting with you ladies already.  I'll be popping in here an there today, but not too much, because I have lots of unpacking to do and trying to decide what to wear tomorrow!Sending my love!=)  =)  =)  =)

Re: I'm back from vacation!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hi!  glad to hear your vaca went [kinda] well.  Families are tough- and I'm sure with it being so hot, it didnt quite bring out the best in people. Have fun unpacking!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome home!! You should be looking forward to work. It can't be any worse than a family vacation. Heehee. Have fun at Treesdale! I'm jealous of all of the yummy foods that you'll taste.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Vanessa, welcome back! Sorry to hear that vac. was a little stressful- at least you were away from work, right? I remember the last time we visited my family in AZ, we all took a road trip north to the 4 corners and into CO. It was me, my parents, my grandparents, and my aunt, uncle, and cousins. Grandparents lost their keys (which were eventually found), grandfather got on my nerves, etc. Gotta love family! GL with your first day tom., and have fun at your tasting! I'm sure both will go well!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back!  Family vacations can be stressful!  Good luck tomorrow!  :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back!If family didn't drive us crazy, who would we have to talk about?  :)  glad you got to enjoy some of it at least.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back, and HAVE FUN at your tasting today!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!  my family is what it is I guess!  I just feel bad about it because Paul's family seems soooo perfect, and then there is my dysfunctional family,  who are anit-social and talk behind each other's backs, ugh, it makes me so angry!Well the tasting should be amazing... heres a little preview of our menu!!  They personalized it to go with my Around the World theme...  These will be tough decisions!Hors D'ouevres:   Crab Rangoon with Plum Sauce   Southwest Chicken Satay with Cilantro Cream   Bruschetta Skewers   Mediterranean Tomato, Chevre and Fresh Basil Bruschetta Appetizer Course:   Wedding Soup   Island Gazpacho   Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup Salad:   Caprese   Greek Salad   Hawaiian Fruit Salad  Entrees:   Italian Style Pork Osso Bucco over Parmesan Asparagus Risotto and  Braised Pancetta Greens   All American Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin with Sun-dried Tomato  Demi-Glace, Grilled Asparagus and Whipped Yukon Gold Potato   Asian Style Teriyaki Salmon with Citrus Honey Glaze, Asian Peanut Slaw,  Jasmine Rice, Snow Peas and Mandarins   Chicken Stuffed with Brie, Caramelized Onion and Granny Smith Apple,  Fresh Green Beans and Prosciutto, Traditional Whipped Potato and Roasted  Chicken Demi-Glace
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *drool* That all sounds amazing!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vanessa, I'll e-mail you my address so you know where to send my invite.  :)Everything sounds so good!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards