Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Big Day Photography

so- I got an email saying that I can get a free e-pic session if I was 'one of the frist 15 to respond' I wasn't, but I got one anyway- thursday at 7.Anyone ever heard of them? Are they new or something? They said I would get a disk with all my pictures and 'no obligation to book'.  Is this a waste of time?

Re: Big Day Photography

• Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    take the free pics and run with it!! that's how i got my e-session! it was a great way to decide if we liked the photog or not, before booking her. i think big day might be one of those companies where you don't pick your photog-you get whoever shows up the day of your wedding. not sure though.have fun with your epics!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think big day might be one of those companies where you don't pick your photog-you get whoever shows up the day of your wedding. not sure though.I'm pretty sure you know who it is beforehand, but some photogs book through Big Day and on their own.  The rates are usually cheaper if you can book them on their own, since Big Day isn't getting a cut, you know? 
  • Options
    dvanskydvansky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Big Day is a company that basically acts as an employer for lots of photographers. My photog (Dino Bovo) is actually "employed" by them, even though I found him on my own. They've been around for a while. They're trustworthy, IMO.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I thought Dino booked with them!  But you can book him on his own too - my guess is that it is cheaper then.  Did you look into that at all, dvansky?I'd go for the pics Sara, but keep in mind that it is a good idea to get to know your photog that you'll be using for the wedding too.  Also, there might be some restrictions on where you can have them taken and such...I know you were thinking about the farm, barn etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sweet! I'm doin it!  Its actually "in monroeville" and they will call me to tell me the location.  So I'm almost def going to get another set of e-pics, so I can do the farm.  But this will be good practice!  Hmm... now I have to think about what to wear...
  • Options
    dvanskydvansky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I actually booked with Dino directly and then he turned the contract into Big Day. I never talked with anyone at Big Day directly, only Dino.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that sounds awesome! I would def. go for it! I would love to get e-pics, but they are something that will prob get cut. Let us know how they go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards