September 2012 Weddings
Options

Calling all 9/2012 Brides to be

Hi everyone! I'm glad they set up this board.  It's a long way off but looking forward to planning my wedding. Cheers!
80 said yes image

Re: Calling all 9/2012 Brides to be

• Options

Just got engaged and I know its a long way off but am so excited for September 2012! So much to do and only 889 days left

• Options
    Congrats to you! I know what you mean.  We have so much time but one thing I've promised myself I would do is get our venue location taken care of ASAP so I could take it easy for the rest of the year.  What part of your planning are you doing now?  Good luck with your planning!
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    LOL kissamary!! before you know it we will all be at the one year mark asking what happened to the past year 
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    and then we can look back at this post and smile haha :) 
  • Options
    I agree! But I do think I'll be doing a lot more wedding stuff soon because I'm in school full time plus working FT with kids so I'm learning that this planning is actually "relaxing" for me. At least right now.  LOL!!
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    me too!  I am getting a BSE In Secondary English, but I actually work at a daycare with infants, so it's sorta like having my own kids, but they go home at night.  Wedding planning is fun because I don't have to make any hard decisions now, but when I do find something I've got all the time to get it done.
  • Options

This is an awesome board for those of us planning a 2012 September Wedding... I kinow it's still a while off, but still... I can't wait...
    My fiance and I are still trying to plan a date for it, but we are thinking about Late september 2012. 

• Options
    I have the same wedding date!!!!! I cant wait to start getting down to the serious planning! but for now im having fun getting a lot of different ideas
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Yeeeeeaaaaah! I no longer feel so alone. Sept 2012 seems far but my fiance and I don't want to go into debt so Sept 2012 seemed like the best date. We have already picked our ceremony/reception spot, we wil be making our deposit next month. I agree with happe2gether I wanted to get the venue taken care of ASAP now I feel like I can relax..Oh and I've already tried on dresses so I know what dress I am getting it is a Lazaro..so I definitely have to save for that dress. I am so happy I have wonderful people to talk to about a wedding that is over 2 years away(wow)

• Options
    Yay! I'm so happy that I can finally post somewhere. I thought I was the only one who was planning so far into the future. But my goal, like everyone else, is to get the vendors done and out of the way. Hopefully I'll have enough money to put down a deposit for the ceremony/reception sites in the next couple of months.
  • Options
    Congrats ladies!! I've been engaged for about 2 years, our date is 10/23/10 and its fast approaching! So i know exactly how you feel. Don't let the stress of wedding planning get to you. Relax, and have fun. Book your venue as soon possible so can knock those payments out!

Good luck ladies!!!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks Ms April... Welcome UsagiChan26 ..  Our day will be here before you know it.. What date did you pick? Im trying to knock my venue out ASAP.. Im getting married and the reception will be held at the same venue so that was a big help with eveything being in the same place. Eliminated Transporation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear everyone is planning so far ahead.  FI and I switched locations and just sent everyone a short newsletter to let them know we are having the ceremony/reception at Disney World.  Looks like there's some excitement so I'll need all the time I can get to plan and save for this shin dig.  We are looking forward to it though.
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    I have no clue what day we would like to have it on, but I'm hoping near our anniversary. It'll give me more time to save up money. ^^; But what I do know now is that we're going to have two different sites: ceremony at a church and reception somewhere else. I just need to figure out what church. He doesn't go to church very often and I'm not really religious but am associated with a church... so who knows.

happe2gether, that's exciting that it will be at Disney World. I saw a lot of great things about Disney World weddings on the travel channel (or one of those channels). 
  • Options
    Hey Everyone!!  I'm so glad I'm not alone in planning for 2 years away!  Our wedding date is 9/8/2012.  My mom, his mom and my sister all think I'm crazy for being so excited about all the little things I get to do and plan now.  We've already got our venue and dj booked because I want what I want and don't want to settle for anything less!! I know I'm sounding very selfish but it is my special day and my fiance is all for me getting the things I want now so I don't have to "stress myself out" (more like complain to him) later.  O well hope to hear from you all soon!!
  • Options
    Congrats Jolene.. Isnt it exciting... I think we are going about it the smart way..  I wanna get the big things out the way.. Trying to be stress free...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@UsagiChan26 - well we are happy its going to be at WDW but we actually had a windfall with the location.  The site we are using is a military one that just happens to be on WDW property.  so that is a HUGE cost savings for us.  I really would have to sell a kidney or something to have a "true" Disney wedding.  They are WAY expensive!! OMG. 

I'm trying to just manage the amount of wedding stuff I do now since it is so far in advance.  Luckily, now that the venue is chosen, most other decision can wait until 2011 sometime.  The only thing I don't like is not being in the area.  Hopefully things will go smoothly when we start looking at vendors.  I tried finding a cake maker but she pulled out because the date is so far away.  Frown.  It was a bummer because I kept telling her I wasn't worried about price right now, just taste and appearance.  So I think I'm going to make a plan to go to Orlando for a short weekend visit when they have a bridal show and just see what I can see then.

80 said yes image
  • Options
    I'm soooo excited Bebe876! We have the same date which is also very cool.  Good luck planning everything, as I'm sure we'll be bouncing ideas off of one another!!
  • Options

Hello September 2012 brides!! Im not alone, Thank God!! I felt a little alone seeing that I have more than 800 and so days to go lol! So glad for you gals!! Thanks!

• Options
    Hi Bella... Welcome.. Only 800 more days... So happy... I finally found a band to go with my e-ring.. Meeting with my florist after the holiday weekn and still cant decide on a dress :(... I just dont know..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on board. Was a June 2012 bride but it's too darn hot here in Kansas City. We moved it to September 29th, 2012. It will have sentimental value to it. It's my mom's birthday and his parent's wedding anniversary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey, I'm Kansas City too!  My allergies are too bad in June and the weather here is crazy that time of year.  I think September might be the only safe month :)
  • Options
    wadek2wadek2 member
    First Comment

Can't wait for Sept 15, 2012. Only 802 days to go!!!

• Options
    Hi fellow Sept. 2012 brides!  And congrats on your engagements!  :)

My FI and I have been engaged for about 2 weeks, and set the date last week - September 8, 2012...  It was my grandparents' and is my parents' anniversary, so I'm beyond thrilled to have it as my wedding date! 

We haven't really done anything, planning-wise, except meet with my priest and book the church!  I'm really looking forward to this whole process!  My twin sister is getting married in August 2011 and I'm the MOH, so it's going to be a busy two years for my family!
  • Options
    Welcome!!  Sept 8 is an awesome date- it's mine too!!  There isn't too much you can do this early, just enjoy looking at wedding ideas and enjoy being engaged!!
  • Options
    Sept 8th is becoming very popular :)... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My fiance and I got engaged in November of last year and finally set the date... Sept. 1, 2012. I can't wait! I've started the guest list already.. I figure I'll start chipping away at the planning a little at a time so it's not as stressful. It is far away but I'm sure the time will fly by Smile

• Options
    Yay for 9/2012!! I'm excited to start planning, but unfortunately I have a cross-country move to plan first. Los Angeles to Chicago, in October. I cannot wait to get in gear and book things, but I have lots of ideas. This is gonna be fun ladies!!
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Update...... I  have moved it up to September 1st 2012. My hunny bunny want's a long wedding weekend.

Yalonda
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    September 8th 2012!!!! I defiantely have the planning bug. We put the deposit on our venue in October, we booked our DJ, we are meeting with a florist next week, caterer the week after and we have our photographer (who happens to be a good friend) secured.  Oh and I already booked my hair/makeup people who will be coming to my house the day of to beautify myself and my lovely BM's.  I thought I was the only one who wanted to book our "main" vendors early on, but I guess it's more common than I thought. Congrats to all Sept '12 brides :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards