Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

POLL:

I actually stole this from a blog - ohsheglows.com - but I think it's interesting and something different from our norm. :)I Am - I Want - I Have - I Wish - I Hate - I Fear - I Hear - I Search - I Wonder - I Regret - I Love - I Ache - I Always - I Usually - I Am Not - I Dance - I Sing - I Never - I Rarely - I Cry - I Am Not Always - I Lose - I’m Confused - I Need - I Should - I Dream - I hope- I feel- I appreciate- What lessons have you learned this year?

Re: POLL:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I Am - a tomboy who loves the outdoors, but also enjoys curling up with a great bookI Want - a larger house so we can rescue more dogsI Have - a wonderful husband I Wish - I were more outgoingI Hate - double standardsI Fear - losing someone I loveI Hear - the air conditioningI Search - for a new jobI Wonder - if we'll ever be in a more comfortable placeI Regret - that I wore these shoes today - my feet hurt!I Love - to lay on the beachI Ache - in my neck.  I pulled something this morningI Always - worry too muchI Usually - try to eat healthyI Am Not - having one of my better weeksI Dance - only when I've had a lot to drinkI Sing - whenever there's no one around to hearI Never - I Rarely - get a good night's sleepI Cry - very rarelyI Am Not Always - in the mood for companyI Lose - socks constantlyI’m Confused - I Need - to find a job I loveI Should - be doing work right nowI Dream - of a day when we're not constantly stressed about moneyI hope- we have beautiful weather this weekendI feel- tiredI appreciate- that I can go home to a great husband and my fun and crazy dogs and catWhat lessons have you learned this year? that healthy foods still taste good, that things could always be worse, and how to field the "when do you plan to have kids" question that is automatically asked when you get married
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm answering without thinking too much about the answers otherwise it'd take me forever to answer. :)I Am - ConfusedI Want - To lose 25 lbsI Have - A wonderful husbandI Wish - My foot felt 100% better alreadyI Hate - Getting up before 6:30 AM -everI Fear - Being in a car accidentI Hear - Two annoying coworkers talking about which amp to buy for the one guy's new guitarI Search - for my old boyfriends on Google sometimesI Wonder - What happens when you dieI Regret - Not getting a scholarship for collegeI Love - Eggrolls and spicy Chinese foodI Ache - in my tum for some reasonI Always - Put lotion on my feet before I go to bedI Usually - Have some annoying health issue going onI Am Not - PessimisticI Dance - When I'm buzzedI Sing - Like I should be an Indigo Girl or something. :PI Never - Answer my work phone when I don't know who it is.I Rarely - Do things spontaneouslyI Cry - Every time I watch BeachesI Am Not Always - AssertiveI Lose - My patience a lotI’m Confused - By my new laptop. The screen resolution size keeps on changing without me doing anything. Annoying!I Need - 8 hours of sleep each nightI Should - Conquer my fear of speaking in front of large crowds. I Dream - About having a child.I hope- That I can and do have a child.I feel- Sleepy and bored.I appreciate- Everyone on this Board. What lessons have you learned this year? That real life friends aren't always the best friends and those ties have to be cut sometimes. And that friends that you hardly know (except over the interweb) are super loyal and supportive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Am - an introverted, sarcastic b!tch. I Want - a baby I Have - a wonderful family I Wish - life was easier sometimes I Hate - self-centered, loud, aggressive people. I Fear - losing my job. I Hear - Toby purring on my lap I Search - for something, I'm just not sure what. I Wonder - how I'll get through the fall. I Regret - nothing I Love - my life. Toughness and all. I Ache - in my head. Two days in a row of vertigo sucks. I Always - check to see where my cats are before I leave the house. I Usually - am pretty OCD I Am Not - comfortable being the center of attention I Dance - almost never I Sing - in the car, but not in the shower I Never - want to deal with people I Rarely - yell at my cats I Cry - every once in a while I Am Not Always - the nicest person I Lose - my patience a lot I’m Confused - about what my DH actually does for a living I Need - a nap I Should - fall asleep I Dream - almost never I hope- that we won't have any problems I feel- okay (other than my head) I appreciate - the days when DH is home. What lessons have you learned this year? That life doesn't always revolve around the schedule that you try to force it into.
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Am - feeling thankful.I Want - to go home.I Have - to buy FI a birthday card still.I Wish - it were 5 o'clock.I Hate - it when it rains and I have plans.I Fear - not being able to have kids.I Hear - the air conditioner.  As always.I Search - for sublimial messages in commercials.I Wonder - when I'll have a job I love.I Regret - not going to Full Sail.I Love - my family, although they drive me crazy.I Ache - ... no where actually.I Always - am first to crack a joke.I Usually - am asleep by 9:30.I Am Not - the crazy, drunk girl at the bar every night.I Dance - pretty well, if I do say so myself! :P I Sing - CONSTANTLY.I Never - go anywhere without my cell.I Rarely - answer my cell phone. Texts only, please :) I Cry - when I watch Army Wives.I Am Not Always - the smartest but I try the hardest.I Lose - paperwork constantly on my desk for about 20 mins, and then find it again.I’m Confused - by FI's MS.I Need - a nap.I Should - get back to work.I Dream - wedding related nightmares, lately.I hope- to have a nice wedding that everyone enjoys, especially FI.I feel- relaxed - Granddad is gone for the day! wo0t!I appreciate- this board.  (too good not to steal!) What lessons have you learned this year? You can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try. 

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Am - an old soulI Want - my baby backI Have - a great life with a wonderful husband and amazing friendsI Wish - that we'd hit the powerball and be set for life (doesn't everyone?)I Hate - pickles, people who always feel the need to one-up you and make it all about them, cleaning the bathroom and kitchenI Fear - getting pregnant againI Hear - the air conditioner I Search - for this navy blue tunic that I can't find anywhere in my house!I Wonder - how I got so lucky to have the great support system that I haveI Regret - too many things, but try not to think about them and move forward with life.I Love - my husband, family, and friends, shopping, leather, fall, laying outI Ache - everyone knows what I'm aching for right now.  I also ache after a tough workout if I haven't lifted in awhile.I Always - try to be positiveI Usually - am the driver when DH and I are going somewhereI Am Not - as bitchy as I usually come offI Dance - around my house regularlyI Sing - in the car all the timeI Never - have an easy time forgiving people I Rarely - stop talkingI Cry - occasionallyI Am Not Always - sensitive to other peopleI Lose - earrings all the timeI’m Confused - in anything science-relatedI Need - loveI Should - go to the gymI Dream - but I can't remember any of themI hope- for a healthy baby soonI feel- thankful for the life I've got but angry for what was taken from meI appreciate- the outpour of love that our family and friends have shown us What lessons have you learned this year?  You'll grow apart from certain friends and that it's okay because you'll make new ones.  That you find some of your best friends in some unlikely places (like the knot!).  That you sometimes have to put yourself first.  That going out to dinner 4x a week, as fun as it may be socially, gets realllly expensive!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Am - very girlyI Want - a raise I Have - great friends I Wish - I could lose weight I Hate - that I didn't go to a "real" collegeI Fear - water (not drinking or showering) like large pools of waterI Hear - my boss screaming at another attorney on the phoneI Search - everything before I make a large purchaseI Wonder - what my life wouldn't have been like if I hadn't met ScottI Regret - not traveling in my early 20's or moving away to another cityI Love - my CatI Ache - in my tum - too much beer and pizza last nightI Always - brush my teeth after each mealI Usually - am the driver when Scott and I are togetherI Am Not - a procrastinator I Dance - like Carlton did on the Fresh Prince of Bel AirI Sing - in the car all the timeI Never - cut the grass or do any yard workI Rarely - watch TVI Cry - when I get frustratedI Am Not Always - very niceI Lose - my patience very quickly when standing in linesI’m Confused - why people brake before going into the Ft. Pitt TunnelsI Need - a massage and a glass of wineI Should - go to the gym tonight but I'm notI Dream - to win the lotteryI hope- to get a dog or another cat soonI feel- like the best is yet to comeI appreciate - my friends more than I do my family What lessons have you learned this year? 
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this!I Am - a liberal feminist vegetarian tree-hugger who is also a fashion maven with champagne tastesI Want - a pet dog!  Not until after our wedding, though :(I Have - a job that I love and adoreI Wish - all my friends lived closer together, even though it makes for lots of excuses to take vacationsI Hate - people who are rude for no reasonI Fear - flying, but I have to do it all the timeI Hear - my coworker's awesome NKOTB Pandora stationI Search - for time to work on my grad school applicationsI Wonder - where we'll be living at this time next yearI Regret - not studying abroad so I could be with my boyfriend during his senior year of college.  We're now engaged and have spent three years long distance- it wouldn't have mattered!I Love - my fiance, and the fact that we are "fiances" now :)I Ache - in my stupid fractured foot that isn't healing well or quicklyI Always - need to eat dessert after I eat a meal, even if it's just a piece of hard candyI Usually - am the one in charge of making plans with my friends or with FII Am Not - pessimisticI Dance - several times a week, except for lately, due to the aforementioned stupid fractured footI Sing - very poorlyI Never - am happy to stay in one place for longI Rarely - lose at board gamesI Cry - at commercials about abused and homeless animals every time I see themI Am Not Always - as patient as I ought to beI Lose - nothing!  I am good at keeping track of my stuff, hahaI’m Confused - about the debate over some aspects of the new proposed health care plan. The arguments seem to have no connection to reality.I Need - at least eight hours of sleep every night to functionI Should - probably spend less time on the internet at workI Dream - several times a night, and usually remember most of themI hope- that all of our grandparents will still be around and healthy for our wedding next yearI feel- hungry, and excited to go to Costco tonight!I appreciate- my amazing, wonderful, bridesmaids who I love to piecesWhat lessons have you learned this year?I am much more organized than I thought I ever would be.Not to be so easily offended (hello vestigial teenage awkwardness).

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Am - always busyI Want - my house to be clean so I can focus on the weddingI Have - an amazing fianceI Wish - the wedding planning will go seamlesslyI Hate - my bad habitsI Fear - umm, not very many plausible thingsI Hear - my coworkers talking about their dogs like their kids, cute at first...but not so much anymoreI Search - on google for hoursI Wonder - if it'll be nice tonightI Regret - eating my lunch at 10I Love - life!I Ache - in my hand/wrist.. i hope its not carpol tunnel (sp)I Always - move- I can't ever sit stillI Usually - daydreamI Am Not - warm- its always cold in my officeI Dance - around my house!I Sing - in my head- always!I Never - skip- I dont know howI Rarely - wear my hair downI Cry - when i see a domestic animal hit on the roadI Am Not Always - a tomboy, sometimes I *try* to be girlieI Lose - things all the timeI’m Confused - rarelyI Need - stimulationI Should - write my essays for grad school appsI Dream - a lot, but only sometimes remember themI hope- I get motivated and have an amazing wedding with all the details I dream of makingI feel- tired right nowI appreciate- my family- they are amazing What lessons have you learned this year? that its not creepy to find friends online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Am - kind, quiet, and reliableI Want - to find our forever house.I Have - the best DH ever!I Wish - I had a million dollars.I Hate - the trendy girls at my office.I Fear - not being able to have children.I Hear - nothing!  Annoying neighbor is out today.I Search - for my medical symptoms online to see what disease I could have.I Wonder - if my neighbors who are buying my house notice my garage door is acting up.I Regret - nothing in life.I Love - ice cream in the summer.I Ache - in my leg!I Always - kiss DH goodbye in the mornings.I Usually - wear heels to work.I Am Not - having a good hair day.I Dance - only when drunk.I Sing - in my car.I Never - remember birthdays.I Rarely - write in my journal anymore.I Cry - only in front of DH (lucky him!)I Am Not Always - good at cooking.I Lose - at board games all the time.I’m Confused - I guess I'm not?  I can't think of anything for this one!I Need - that Steve Madden coupon Steve and Sara tried to give me last night!I Should - be working.I Dream - all the time and definitely in color.I hope- next month is our month.I feel- like I'm waiting for so many things.I appreciate- my family for all they do for us.What lessons have you learned this year?  Even if you do everything you're supposed to, things don't always turn out how you imagine they should!  I've learned this lesson in more ways than one this year.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I Am - lucky to have such a good job right out of collegeI Want - to go out to eat more, but am too cheap and practicalI Have - such a thoughtful husband! :-)I Wish - I could see friends and family in PA more. :-(I Hate - melted, soup-like ice cream. Which is what was served at my company's ice cream social. Ick.I Fear - dyingI Hear - silence, except the occasional ring of the phone.I Search - the internet all day for random thingsI Wonder - who will win America's Got Talent. LOVE that show!I Regret - not inviting some people from my church to the weddingI Love - summer, and I don't want it to end (though fall is ok too)I Ache - a day or 2 after kickboxing class- I need to work out more!I Always - brush my teeth and wash my face before bed, no matter how late it is or how tired I amI Usually - am hard to get out of bed in the morning- just ask DH! :-PI Am Not - outdoorsyI Dance - a lot only when I am buzzed :-)I Sing - in my head! :-P I don't even want to hear myself!I Never - eat eggs- yuck.I Rarely - go camping- as stated above, the outdoors are not for meI Cry - a lot sometimes- I am an emotional personI Am Not Always - the brightest crayon in the box! :-P I definitely have my blonde moments.I Lose - time by laying around complaining how I don't want to do somethingI’m Confused - by how certain people got a job here. They are not too bright! :-PI Need - to go to bed earlier on weeknightsI Should - finally organize, print out, and post all of my wedding and honeymoon picsI Dream - of buying a home one dayI hope- DH gets a job soon. :-/I feel- a bit better better todayI appreciate- the metro system, despite my complaints about it sometimes
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Am - sleepy and grumpyI Want - to work part time instead of full timeI Have - dog hair on my shirtI Wish - our house had 3 bedrooms instead of twoI Hate - when people say "Shut Up!" but don't mean be quietI Fear - driving in snowI Hear - the radio and the copier beepingI Search - for the best deals when making a big purchaseI Wonder - if my baby is a boy or girlI Regret - my post high school education decisionsI Love - my family, DH, dogs, and salt and vinegar potato chipsI Ache - my back/butt from sitting too longI Always - make my highlighters stand straight up in a row in their ROYGBIV orderI Usually - am in bed by 10:00, even on the weekendsI Am Not - always very outgoingI Dance - when I do the dishesI Sing - to my dogs all the timeI Never - want to plan a wedding ever againI Rarely - make it to work on timeI Cry - almost daily over stupid things like commercials and songsI Am Not Always - an easy person to get along withI Lose - my cellphone all the timeI’m Confused - with why my boss has me working on this stupid project, I think it's just a waste of timeI Need - to call in to refill my prescription I Should - be working, of courseI Dream - about random weird thingsI hope- Adam Lambert looks sexy on SaturdayI feel- that I've been pretty lucky latelyI appreciate- my DH for putting up with me lately What lessons have you learned this year?  How to manage money better
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't read the other responses yet...answering first!I Am - a wife, daughter, sister and soon-to-be mama.I Want - to have more time to do the things I love - and to spend less time working, lol.I Have - really wonderful, caring family members and friends.I Wish - that this headache would go away.I Hate - living far away from my family.  I Fear - dying, especially during childbirth or my DH dying.  Morbid, I know.  I Hear - the radio in my office.I Search - the internet?  lol.I Wonder - if this child is a boy or a girl.  I Regret - not finishing my masters after my undergrad.I Love - my DH.  He is winning DH of the year lately.I Ache - occasionally. I Always - am running late.  I Usually - over analyze things.I Am Not - a republican.  :)I Dance - a bit awkwardly. I Sing - not very well!I Never - drink beer.  Ick!I Rarely - cook.  :PI Cry - over stupid things, d@mn hormones.  I Am Not Always - a healthy eater.I Lose - Scrabble to my DH everytime.  Grrr!I’m Confused - I Need - a snack right now.I Should - go to the post office, but I really don't feel like it.I Dream - vividly, lately.I hope- that the rest of this day picks up a bit.I feel- like I could use a nap right now.I appreciate-my wonderful parents. What lessons have you learned this year?Not to sweat the small stuff, to really trust and rely on my DH more, and to leave work at work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Am - FrustratedI Want - to eat some cakeI Have - a headacheI Wish - this day was over. I Hate - vegetablesI Fear - the darkI Hear - the numbing hum of the AC and keyboard keys clangingI Search - for all things wedding constantly on google!I Wonder - if life ever gets betterI Regret - not taking more dance classes in my spare time. I miss it. I Love - cupcakes. I Ache - for a break.I Always - hold my breath when trying to think hardI Usually - am early for everythingI Am Not - motivated to ever cleanI Dance - to anythingI Sing - to any song I know the words toI Never - have to go on a first date againI Rarely - restI Cry - about stupid things, including tv commercialsI Am Not Always - the best listenerI Lose - confidence very easilyI’m Confused - about the futureI Need - more money (doesn't everyone?)I Should - take more time to myselfI Dream - usually nightmaresI hope- to have kids somedayI feel- tired... exhaustedI appreciate- my friends. including the FIFs
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Am - a full time student. easy going, optimistic, a feministI Want - a puppy! and school to be finishedI Have -  A wonderful family and amazing friendsI Wish - that my mom would stop smoking. And that I wasnt so easily offended by stupid thingsI Hate - anything grape flavored! and most condimentsI Fear -  fish! ah... terrifiedI Hear - it raining outside :(I Search -  to be more secure with myselfI Wonder - where I will be in 5 yearsI Regret - how little time I have to spend with friendsI Love -  my grandparents. And blue koolaid, and tiedyeI Ache - usually my head... but not today!I Always - put deodorant on before bedI Usually - procrastinate until i am in a panic.... but then i get it done in the end I Am Not - as outgoing as I used to beI Dance - really awkwardly and i am usually really embarrassed in front of othersI Sing -  always. I Never - can stick to diet. I Rarely - drink coffee. I Cry - way easier than i used toI Am Not Always - as confident as i seemI Lose - things all the time! but always find them quicklyI’m Confused - why women objectify themselves I Need -  to go grocery shopping!I Should - try to get organized before school mondayI Dream - that my teeth are falling out cometimes. It really freaks me outI hope- This semester is less stressful than i expect it to beI feel- content. and really  hungry.I appreciate-  all of the ppl that are there for me when I need them :)What lessons have you learned this year? Everything happens for a reason- even when they aren't as planned. It is best to pick and choose your battles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards