Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

DIY Flowers

I know someone mentioned this recently. Has anyone done this? I've done some flowers in the past, and I'm having trouble getting past the crazy markup on florists. Any suggestions for good sites?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: DIY Flowers

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Jenn - New-To-Pittsburgh did.I think kwynn did hers and I believe Sonja is DIYing as well.If you belong to either Sam's Club or Costco, you can order the flowers and have them shipped directly to your house.Can you go down to the Strip District and buy flowers?Just a thought - are you near a Giant Eagle that has a floral department?  My daughter and her FI bought their prom flowers there several years ago.  The prices were very affordable and she carried a nosegay.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we plan on doing ours from sams club
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i also looked into other places as well- let me know if you want me to send you some names. I just cant think of them off the top of my head. Sams was just the cheapest for the flowers we want. i know there are 3-4 other places the knot recommends. you can always check the flower board. hth
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did my own with silks to avoid the last minute rush. I have seen some beautiful fresh ones done as well. Nuelsi is doing her own.If you are looking for instructions, check my bio (planning) and blog under "Floral" on the right hand side.  Those instructions work with fresh and silk.I have all my silk/foam/latex/artificial websites listed in my planning bio too under "Vendors."Super easy to do and highly recommended! HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am DIYing. I ordered everything from farmstogo.comThey are by far the cheapest wholesaler (at least for the flowers I needed). Their prices include shipping. I'll let you know how it goes in two weeks or so.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I DIY'd! I used flowerbud.com. I originally tried Sam's but I wasn't happy with the size of their calla's (they were HUGE! Too big...and they never opened completely). The ones from flowerbud.com were PERFECT and everything there seems to be a great price. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I DIY'd mine and we got the majority of the roses at Costco and then the rest of the flowers from Pittsburgh Cut Flowers in the Strip.  Last I knew, you do need to be a business owner (or go with one) to get in there.  I personally liked that option because you could physically see the selection they had and choose the flowers that looked the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards