Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Religious Ceremony Question

OMG! An Actual wedding post!My church only provides a kneeler for the Bride & Groom. They don't provide chairs or a bench for us, or chairs for the BM & MOH. However, we can make the set-up anything we need. What is normally done? Do the B&G, MOH & BM normally stand the entire mass? Should I request chairs for the 4 of us?

Re: Religious Ceremony Question

• Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sat in chairs they had set up for us.  BM & MOH sat in the front row of pews. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe I've usually seen that the BM and MOH sit in the front pew.I would probably not want to stand for the entire mass (especially taking nerves, a bigger dress,shoes into consideration) - if I were you, I'd request chairs. 
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen anyone stand for the entire ceremony, although I'm sure you could do it if you want.  I bet you'd be more comfortable sitting at some times :)  Probably the MOH and BM will stand up at times next to you when you and your FI are standing as well.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We knelt or stood through our entire catholic mass. They also had kneelers for our MOH and BM that were placed on either side of us. The rest of our bridal party sat in the first row and sat/stood/knelt like the rest of the guests. We had the option to sit in the first row instead of kneel, but it was actually easier to just kneel than attempt to sit down with my million layer dress :p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We kneeled and stood, though our set up was a bit different due to being Byzantine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We knelt and/or stood through the whole mass in front of the altar.  Our MOH and BM were also kneeling/standing.  The remainder of our bridal party was in the first pew, with our families then filling in behind them.  PIB under photo galleries - cermony.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what others said. Mostly I've seen B&G stand/kneel the whole time and BM & MOH in first pew, then come forward when needed.Geez, N, can't believe you'd post something WR! Ugh. :-P How 'bout I also can't believe you're SO close!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a whole mix of things as far as standing, kneeling, sitting. Usually, the other BM's and GM's sit in the first pews on their side. The MOH and BM will sometimes stay up front the whole time and there will be 4 kneelers across. Sometimes they sit with the others in the first pew. Personally, I like when the MOH and BM sit so that, from the sides, the photog can get a clear shot of you guys from each side (without the other people sort of blocking the shot). I also think it is more intimate if the bride and groom are up there alone. I've seen chairs sometimes for the bride and groom off to the side, usually on the right. I don't like this as much because it seemed like a regular mass and not enough about the marriage ceremony/mass without the bride and groom being up there. (However, this had to do with the priest as well). We stood the whole time and so did my wedding party. But our ceremony was short, maybe 20 minutes. (It was religious, but not Catholic). My feet were hurting; I'll be honest. :)
  • Options
    CC7373CC7373 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same as most...we kneeled (when you would normally kneel or sit) or stood throughout the ceremony. Our MOH and BM also kneeled or stood beside us. There were no chairs.  I think with the dress it might have been difficult to sit actually.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We kneeled or stood and our MOH and BM did the same thing. I didn't get a choice though, it was just set up for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the answers!For the Catholic Girls that stood-- did your feet hurt? Was it tiring? Or did you just kneel when the congregation sat?
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the Catholic Girls that stood-- did your feet hurt? Was it tiring? Or did you just kneel when the congregation sat?We stood when they stood and then would kneel when they sat.  Actually, standing felt wonderful after kneeling.  :P  But I'm with Jen - I wouldn't have wanted to smash the back of my gown by sitting for much of the ceremony. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto KR.  One thing to think about though, since you have a long veil like I did, is that DH often knelt on my veil, which would pull my head back slightly.  Nothing unmanageable though.
  • Options
    CC7373CC7373 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we kneeled when everyone else was sitting. I agree, KR! I couldnt wait to stand!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards