Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

***npales***

Hey, I just read about your car getting broken into. That sucks; I'm so sorry. I just had a thought and wanted to throw it out there...is there any chance this could be Summit related and they wanted your work keys for that reason?  I doubt it, but I just wanted you to be careful because of all those crazy Summit protesters coming to town.Either way, I hope you have no further problems with the jerks that broke into your car. FWIW, my purse was stolen with my address and home keys and nothing was ever tried.

Re: ***npales***

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It crossed my mind, but they really can't do anything with the keys they took because of our very strong security at work. I am 99% sure that it was a High School kid from Allderdice. We have been having problems in the area with the HS kids (mini mart held up, people mugged, vandalism), and school just started today. An actual criminal would have probably stolen my car and not just taken the keys. They also took our insurance card for the car (which has our address), so I am guessing they were hoping to break into the house. E is there now keeping an eye on the house just in case, and the local police said they would do a few drive-bys to make sure nothing shady is going on. I feel uneasy with someone having our address information, but there were worse pieces of paper they could have taken with more info than the insurance card. It is all very strange to me. I feel very uneasy and am definitely ready to move away from the city.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    N, that is so sucky.  I hope everything turns out alright! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry to hear about this too. I hope it doesn't turn into a bigger problem for you. You'll be in my thoughts that everything turns out ok and no more issues stem from this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    School just started today? Then yeah, it probably was a teenager. Teenagers have a short attention span, so I'm sure that by the end of the school day, they will have moved on to someone else.Is Allerdice rough now? My friend went there and said it was one of the better schools at the time?Actually, when my purse was stolen (car keys, house keys, credit cards, everything) it was by one of my students, a teenager, and just a general idiot. He did have to pay me restitution by getting an after school job, haha. :) You can put a fraud alert on your accounts if necessary (since he has your address and name), but I doubt you could get much info from an insurance card.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards