September 2012 Weddings
Options

September

What colors go with a light pink color...I want to do pnk but iam fidning hard to pick another color to go with it. Any help?

Re: September

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Gray!  I think it looks so sharp, and keeps it from being too girly.

Check out weddings that use your color - StyleMePretty.com has a search feature by color, and Martha Stewart Weddings also does.  TheKnot has a "real weddings" you can search by color, too!  Look for an inspiration picture where you really love the look and feel of the color pallate, then use that!

Here's a link to start:  http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/pink-wedding-ideas

From my own experience, I found a picture that really hit me for the mood we want and it's how I chose our whole color scheme.  You then take that picture to a Home Depot or paint store and pick out paint swatches that match the colors in the picture.  It'll give you similar colors that coordinate with your colors, too!  You can cut out the ones you want and glue them on a piece of paper.  We did this with 4-5 colors, on 6 pieces of paper.  That way we can give a copy to my Mom, the caterer, the florist, and anyone else who needs one - and I can keep one myself!

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm using pinks, navy blue and jewel tone purples.  Guys are wearing charcoal grey.
  • Options
    Im using Light pink, Silver and White
  • Options
    I am doing pink and black then like some oranges and greens for the flowers. 
  • Options
    I wanted hot pink and pumpkin orange, but FI said no pink.  You could use a brighter orange or a deeper orange like rust colored.  Either way I think it would compliment the pink nicely.

I also like the grey idea.  Grey is one of my favorite colors (odd I know).  Or a navy blue would look nice. Don't be afraid to experiment or ask your florist.  Sometimes the things you think would look so weird end up being the most memorable and put together.
    ExerciseMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love pale pink with chocolate brown!
  • Options
    I wanted chocolate brown and a lime green.  FI said it reminds him of mint chocolate chip ice cream lol.
    ExerciseMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing light pink with champange. I might also add a small amount of light green.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing navy blue and white withe pink accents!!  The BM are in navy blue dresses and will have pink flowers and the GM are in blue seersucker with pink ties.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm doing pale pink and deep brown :)
  • Options
    Our main color is deep purple and we're pairing it with light pink accents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards