September 2012 Weddings

Dress Shopping

I went to my first appointment on Wednesday!  I had SO much fun, but now I'm more confused than ever!  I found that the silhouette I like most- mermaid- looks rockin' on me, so there's a plus.  Lace (which I nearly insist on) looks great.  But I tried on a few dresses I never would have picked for myself, and loved some of those, too.  I also was dead-set on having straps, but after trying on some strapless dresses and seeing how they hold themselves up pretty well, I might be more open to a strapless gown.

I feel like this is going to be a loooong journey haha.

Some pictures... (ignore my face- didn't know when ppl were taking pics- also ignore hair, I threw it up terribly toward the end because I was tired of holding it up to see the back)

Casablanca 1914, which was one of the dresses I had on my list.  The dress was stunning and it would probably be "the one" if I wasn't having a super casual wedding on the beach.

Allure (I don't remember the style number right now)- Another dress that was on my list to try on because Chris mentioned he liked it when he saw me looking online.  Another one I LOVED, but doesn't fit our wedding.

Another Casablanca dress, which I absolutely loved.  The slit isn't permanent- it's a zipper feature of the dress (that I wouldn't utilize, because I hate my legs).  This one is still in the running.

I've been calling this one "The One That Got Away."  I didn't particularly love this one in the store, but looking back at the pictures I kicked myself for not setting it aside.  Love the chest detail and side draping, and the ruching is flattering, too.  I think I'm going to have to try to re-find it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards