Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

My mother has left the state... and now I might sleep at my desk

Ok so I have been missing the Knot since some time onf Thursday so it's going to take me a few minutea to catch up on what I've been missing. I feel like I've been away fro a decade! (Is that norma? IS there a knot disorder where if gone too long one stats missing it so much that the start talking in acronyms and their FI thinks they are nuts?:P)Ok so here'a quick recao so as noto to bore you with the tragic details of a trip from my mother.She arrived on Thursday evening to me home alone. The FI mysteriously worked out extra long at the gym that evening hmmm. He's a shady one sometimes. ANd then she started to shower us with gifts. Now the thing about my mother is she always brings gifts no matter how much I BEG her not to. because I have a light OCD probably with gifts of the knick--knack sort. I just don't "do" them at my house. and it drives her nuts that My house isn't chocked full of them so she brings tons of them everytime I see her. (Constant battle) On Friday we were left alone to spend all day together. And we managed not to argue too much on how she has the total wrong idea aboput what I want with my life and my wedding Blah blah blah. Friday nigth we met some of my friends (and my FI who skipped the gym because he loves me) at a bar near my house to hang out. IT wasn't too terrible, maybe because of the booze.Then Saturday we took her to meet Phil's parents. DUN DUN DUN. And it wasn't as bad as it could have been. SHe was VERY nervous so she stayed very very quiet. UNTIL we took them all to see the venue. And then all of her opinions started flying... the way we should set the tables.. the STDs we should have the way the favors (which she has picked out for us) and the place the head table should be.. (I could go on... she did) Basically that trip was cut short cause I had to get out of there. Sunday kind of flew by showing her around the burgh doing touristy type of things (although I did rip the a$$ out of my favorite jeans :'-( )Then Monday 3 of my BMs met us at my favorite bridal shop to do some dress shopping. They don't have the dress that I am in love with and nowconvinced that is MY dres :):):) (More on that in anotehr post) but they did have the dresses that will now be my BMs and MOH's dress. Mom was not happy AT all that they would not let her take pics. SO she started taking pics anyway. I thought they were going to ask us to leave. But thanksfully the lady helping us pretended to ignore it since She won't be with me when I buy the dress.Quite embrassing really.I do love my mom really I do. But I was so stressed all weekend I am now SO exhausted I think I was holding my breath all weekend. I might just nap on my desk for the rest of the day! I missed you ladies. I'm going to try to catch up on the past few days posts now!
image.

Re: My mother has left the state... and now I might sleep at my desk

• Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa wall of text.  I thought I was reading one of jennybean's posts for a second (please don't get offended, it's a joke)!I didn't actually read all of that, but you bought your BM dresses before you bought your dress?  Have you tried on the dress that you're convinced is your dress?  If not, you could hate it when it's on you and end up going in a totally different direction and have BM dresses that don't really fit the style of your dress.  I'd probably wait on putting deposits on those until you find your dress.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no- it would totally have been kwynn giving some advice (also a joke- we love you well thought out answers!)but wow- I actually did read that all, and no offense- your mom seems crazy! I hope she someday understands that this is YOUR wedding.  I'm sure its hard- and it is about more then just you and FI- but your mom needs to calm down a little. But yay on finding the dress!!  I wanna see!!!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you survived.  :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOLOLOL @ Sara

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreeing with Marburs, you weren't joking about being terrified of your Mom coming.  She's a crazykins.  But you go through it, so that's good.  And if you were able to let her spout off, and then let it roll of your back while you think about what you are actually going to do instead, then I think you'll be fine.I know it will be a long engagement to have to deal with that, but you're off to a good start.  Continued luck and congrats on getting through it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was ready for something dramatic with the "my mother has left the state" title. :-) Where does she live, just out of curiosity? If I am remembering correctly, you aren't a Pgh native, right? I'm glad you go through all of that, and it was too horrible! I agree- pics of the dress please!!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You made it through, and it sounds like you got a lot done!  I'd love to see pictures of your potential dress and your BM dresses when you get a chance!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ the good-natured banter on our board! Always remember: "Think like a duck." (Let things roll off your back like a water off a duck)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cliff Notes:Elisha's Mom came into town and acted somewhat crazy with spewing her opinion about everything in sight having to do with her life and her wedding. She survived meeting the FIs parents though. Also, they went dress shopping and found BM dresses but not a wedding dress, and MOB took pics when she wasn't supposed to!:-P1. You are such a tease! I want to see pics of your dream dress pleeezee. Peeps know the dress is my favorite part of the wedding!2. No worries, I have a crazy mamma too. Thankfully she lives far away and did not visit during planning, so we didn't have any issues. She's coming on Sunday, wish me luck!3. Pics of BM dresses please!4. How's your knee? Any better?5. RIP to your jeans... sadness.
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey i've been pretty good lately!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on making it such a trying time. Sorry about your jeans and the lack of a_s coverage they now have. :( I'm with N - Answers, girlie! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL Jbean, you have been!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree, jbean! You've gotten much better! :-) I can't remember the last time you "wall of texted!"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok Ladies.. Sorry about the wall of text... onc eI started typing it just all came out. I felt like I had been holding all of my words for days now.I'll try to remember all of the questions.She is crazykins lol love her but it's trueI'll start with my mother lives in Missori, which is where I grew up. I now live HAPPILY over nine hours away :)I have tried on THE dress, they just didn't have it at the store that I love that I happened to take my mom to. It's a Maggie dress calle Reese. I don't know how to PIP yet but I'll figure it out. probably post tomorrow since it's so late now and you'll all be soon leaving for the day.The BM's dresses all go well with it and they love the dresses. :) Makes me happy.The knee is going ok. My Dr's really got my heated today with a visit today but I've alreayd vented to sI won't go to that wall of text ;)I think that was about it.... thanks for being there for me ladies!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here it is! :)  Lovely. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh. And I love the back!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooohh I like it a lot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Weird. I can't see that first one that I posted.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I love the details on that dress!  Great selection :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    And I <3 you for posting that for me! Thank you so very much! I love that way I just feel glamourous in the dress :) No Princess here Just one foxy fabulous lady ;)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh ! I tried that one on!!  Very pretty and sexy!  lol.  I really liked Sottero's collection.  Very pretty dress!!! Congrats on finding 'the one'!  (and we all know I'm talking about the dress, not the man- lol).  I'm jealousE
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK, Love the dress!Vibes for the knee to keep improving.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome gown! 
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks on the vibes :) I'm pretty pumped for the dress too! It's a good feeling having the "big" stuff done you know?
    image.
  • Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elisha- Did you decide on that one then!? AAAH I love love it! Like I told you yesterday the sheath are SO comfy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    I know! After talking with you yesterday and I was talking with my MOHon the pphone last night and one of my other BM's I just can't stop thinking about it and how I felt in it.. I just have to go with that one. SO exciting!!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh weird- the dress that I tried on that I thought was yours- isn't but is almost exactly the same.  I just looked up a pic. Its a Maggie with the same exact back, but a more simple (simpler?) front.  Let me know if you want to see pics
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Heck yea I'll see pics! I mean who doesn't want to see pics ;)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought I'd ask, since it might be weird with me in your dress.  But its not really your dress after all, so here they are...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the back:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards