Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

drum roll please!

the tasting was FABULOUS! beyond fabulous. they took such good care of us. i just naturally assumed that drinks and dessert would be billed to us, but there was no bill at the end of the very long meal. it was just icing on top of the cake! and boy did we eat cake! so, we ate well. here is what our meal consisted of: chx marsala chx apricot chx en crout beef tenderloins seabass stuffed shrimp stuffed pork chop pork chop with saurkraut pork chop on top a bed of rice, mixed with a berry compote walnut crusted pork tenderloin with a berry compote WHEW! our official menu iiiisssss: beef tenderloins stuffed shrimp walnut crusted pork tenderloin with the berry compote on a bed of saurkraut. (since FI's family is huge and insistent on their new yrs day tradition of pork & saurkraut, we thought it would be cute to have it as an entree for the evening. everybody wins!) YUM! we loved EVERYTHING. dinner was amazing. it was so nice to have dinner and be left alone, except in between courses so we could get some things straight for the wedding. we also had dessert (even though we are going with signature desserts, we weren't turning down sugar!!). carrot cake, choc cake, choc chzcake, coconut cake, berry tart, linzer tort. mmmmm. end AW.

Re: drum roll please!

• Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awe yay! that's exciting. Menu sounds DELISH!My cousin had her reception there about 6 years ago and YUM! Everything down to the cocktail hour was so good!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YUM!  it sounds amazing!  I'm glad that you were able to work out a menu that suited everyone.  You can't go wrong at Le Monte....its so freakign good!  Glad you had a good time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds awesome!  I'm glad you had a nice tasting!  :)And your menu sounds perfect - I'd be ordering the pork! 
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Excellent choices, Jenny!  :)Did they put you in a private room?And will you have to pay the cake cutting fee at the reception?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum... can I come eat at your wedding?  lol!
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yumm...you can put me down for my yearly pork and kraut!! Thx.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great check!I'd be ordering the beef and hoping no one seating near me orders the saurkraut. The smells seriously makes me gag!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd be at your table, N. I really can't stand the smell. Causes problems in my new family since Mike's Ukrainian father LOVES to serve sauerkraut. I just can't be near the smell. I'd need to mask the smell with lots of drinking, I think. :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that the pork and sauerkraut is a cute idea in theory but I would be a bit concerned of the actual execution.  MANY people are really nauseated by the smell of sauerkraut (myself and my husband included).  While there may be a group of people that this appeals to, there's also going to be a group of people that may be repulsed by it.  If it's a family tradition, many families will still cook it themselves at home.  And isn't cabbage one of the most bloating/gas producing foods that you can eat?

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great check, and cute idea to have the pork and saurkraut still (though I'm not a fan). Sounds like it was a nice evening out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great menu! I love Le Monte, mmm. My family used to always go there for special occasions (birthdays, etc) and the food was always amazing! I loved our tasting and wish I could do it again, haha.  DH and I went alone and it was like a fancy date, all for free :p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like everything went really well. Maybe you guys could do the saukeraut and pork in mini servings during the cocktail hour with other passed apps? That might be a good compromise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yum!  sounds delicious!  Good check!
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmmmmmm. pam-no, no private room for us. we sat upstairs by the bar. we're also going to do lemon sorbet in between courses (per mom's request), and FMIL is insisting on champagne with strawberry toast for everyone. very nice :) thanks for the suggestions, but we're not looking to compromise. the smell of seafood makes me want to run for the hills, but nobody ever caters to my insta-gag reflex and makes sure not to serve seafood around me and the rest of the ppl i know that can't stand the smell of seafood. we are very excited to offer the pork selection, esp since FI's family eats it every year and his family makes up over half of the guest list. i don't like saurkraut either, but when i order the pork i will simply scoot the saurkraut over to the side of the dish and continue eating.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So fun!  I'm glad they took such good care of you guys.  Yum!I had no idea sauerkraut bothered so many people!  Huh.  The eastern European side of my family eats it year round :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards