September 2012 Weddings
Options

What to do first?

What are you ladies planning first?

So far I have the ceremony/reception booked and I found a dress... I'm working on a photographer and DJ now.

What else should be accomplished early on?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What to do first?

• Options

You have alot done so far! I've done Reception/Ceremony/Band/Photographer.  Next on my list are dresses for me and the bridesmaids, Save the Dates and Videographer.  I hope to have all that accomplished by August!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you are doing great for being out quite a ways.  I say like everyone else has told me.. get the big stuff out of the way, which you seem to have.  I have my church, reception site, photographer, DJ and my dress.  And I bought my centerpiece because I couldn't resist with the price.  But I am going to slow down a little until Aug/Sept. then look for the rest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm kind of going about things backwards.  Part of it is because family or friends are helping with the wedding.

So far I have:
    Dress
    Photography - cousin and uncle
    DJ - MOH's fiance
    Officiant - family friend
    Some decorations - mom and I are doing a lot of DIY
    Invites, save-the-dates and programs (picked out) - brothers fiance

Right now I'm in the process of finding a venue.  I think I've found one but if I book it we have to change our date (they don't do weddings in Oct due to Haunted House all that month) to a month and a half sooner than we originally planned.
    ExerciseMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We started with the theme, were doing full irish so that helped us book a ceremony and reception site that would bend some things to fit that. We have the venue booked, catering done, little stuff like the guest book and and flower girl accessories. I won't be able to dress shop till november or december because i'm prego and due september 1rst =]
  • Options
    you are doing great! I have also ceremony/reception, and photographer and video booked
  • Options
    You're doing waaaay better than me, LOL.

I have my dress picked out and my colors .... The end. LOL. We may have a venue picked out, but have to wait til next week to be sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You are farther ahead than I am.  My FI and I agreed we would like to get married in September and we really want to get married next year.  So that is as far as we have gotten in even just setting a date.  I am leaning toward September 8th.   However I figure that date may change as we look at booking a venue.  

We want an Irish wedding as well and so far I am not sure where/how we can find the perfect venue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards