Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Honeymoon Help?

Girls, I need some honeymoon suggestions?  I am looking for an all-inclusive, adults only resort. I have looked at St. Lucia, and it looks beautiful, I am just not sure? Of course everyone wants there Honeymoon to be perfect, and I am the same way. Any other suggestions? We have been to Cancun, Bahamas and Aruba... and we would like to try out a different location. I think we have ruled out Hawaii for now, just too much planning and I want something inclusive. Let me know if you have any suggestions?

Re: Honeymoon Help?

• Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to St. Maarten, which I love. :) I've never been to an all-inclusive there, but when we booked with our travel agent she had a lot of all inclusive options. The island itself is wonderful, IMHO. GL!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jamaica! 
  • Options
    jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI wants all-inclusive also.  He's been all over the Sandals' website and we got a big fat book at the travel agent's office that explains which properties have which amenities.  Looks pretty inviting...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    julieyarzjulieyarz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the Couples resort in Negril, Jamaica.  It looks awesome.  And Negril, Jamaica made it on the top 20 sexiest beaches on the travel chanel, and the Margaritaville was on the top 20 sexiest beach bar on the travel chanel.  Good luck planning.  We are going in January.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to Couples Negril in Jamaica.  We had no complaints!  It isn't a brand spanking new place all done up in marble, but instead it really had a Jamaican culture feel to it.  The food was awesome (much better than the Royal Caribbean cruise we went on.)  We ate a lot of jerk chicken and drank a lot of alcohol.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to Riviera Maya, Mexico. I've been all over the Caribbean/Bahamas and it was by far THE most relaxing place I've ever been. We had an amazing time.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I strongly dislike all-inclusives (being stuck on a resort for a week is my own personal hell) but there are two I've been to and actually enjoyed- the Ritz in Riviera Maya (or is it Playa del Carmen?) and the One & Only in Cabo :)I hear St. Lucia and St. Thomas are both really beautiful!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I just booked our honeymoon in Jamaica at Sandals Whitehouse. This resort is secluded and has all beach-front rooms. It is actually closed right now and will reopen in December - it is being completely redone! I would be glad to pass along our travel agency's information if you'd like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be goi to St. Lucia in April for our honeymoon! I wanted something different. They say it is the Hawaii of the Caribbean. When is your wedding again? I would book asap if you can. I booked 10 months out. Prices have already gone up a few hundred a person on airfare.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married July 10, 2010. I am looking to book soon, but my fiances parents have offerred to pay for the honeymoon, so I can only push so much since I am not footing the bill. I really want to go to St. Lucia, and I have done a lot of the research, contacted a travel agent and presented prices, but it just seems that they keep putting it off or suggesting other places. I am very thankful that they offerred to pay for it, but if they can't afford the entire trip, I would be more than happy to help with some of the cost so I can go to St. Lucia. I know prices will continue to rise, but without any action from them, I can't do much. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, my advice is to take the $ that they are offering and go somewhere that fits that 'bill' unless you can come up with the difference. It is a very generous gift. My parents paid for our honeymoon and I would feel awkward asking them for more money for it. That is just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oops, after reading your post again, I see that you are willing to pay the balance. If they aren't saying 'Well then go ahead and book it' after you've told them how much you reallly want to go to St. Lucia, I'd either a) wait for a while to book it to see if you can persuade them or b) do like I suggested in my previous post and go somewhere they can 'afford.'  Pride may be a factor in their words and actions around it all and that is a tough thing to get around with wedding planning. Any place you go is goig to be great because it is your honeymoon. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the great responses! In-laws are sometimes a sticky situation. I would never be that stuck up to ask them for more money because it was what I wanted!! But my fiance has asked how much they are willing to spend, and they just say that don't know. And then ... he presents them with the information and it is ignored. If they can't afford something or it is too much money, we both need to know how much they are willing to spend, so then we know where we can look and where we can afford to go. It just seems like if it isn't their way, its the highway! And that is frustrating to me (US!). Thanks for the suggestions, I just got some more pricing, so I will have to see what happens.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw this on my Daily Candy:(url)http://www.ideeli.com/events/coming_soon(/url)It includes a sale on St. Lucia vacations, up to 45% off- I hope it helps!  I think it's only happening Friday-Sunday.

Vacation
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, my clicky link failed, but there's the url

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards