September 2012 Weddings

T & P please?

I know this is nothing compared to a family loss or anything like that, but I'm really sad and I know Knottie vibes can work.

My doggie has heartworms and she has probably had them for awhile. We skipped the test because she always tested negative before and we wanted to save a little $ but now she has them and it could have been for a really long time. She's only 11 pounds or so, so it wouldn't take long for them to really start hurting her. She's already having trouble breathing sometimes and I'm so scared that she won't make it til we can get the money together for treatment.

Treatment is in phases and is so so dangerous in itself and it is so expensive and with it being around the holidays and all the money that we have put out towards the wedding, we have literally almost nothing in savings. It will take me until the end of December to get enough to start the treatments and I'm just absolutely terrified that she won't make it until then.

I've put our old Jeep on Craigslist hoping to get something from that (we don't use it, FI was in an accident in it a couple years ago and we kept it in FIL's garage afterwards but never really got around to doing anything with it.) I'm thinking of all the things I can sell/pawn to get some cash ASAP, but I feel just so horrible because in essense it's my fault that she has them because I opted out of the annual test. She was never on the prevention medication because she was an inside dog until we came here to FMIL's house and she didn't want a dog inside. So she must have gotten them outside, but it never even occured to me that she would get them. I just feel so guilty. Those things are SO important and I realize it now.

I'm just really bummed. I've had her since before I even met FI, and she's like a little extension of me. Last night, she even snuck out of the gated back yard and was sleeping by our window, I had the window open and heard her wheezing so I went outside to bring her in for the night. I guess I just need some good vibes for her. TIA

*Penny*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards