September 2012 Weddings
Options

T& P Needed: My best friend's wedding

...was this past Saturday and it was beautiful and she's married and that's all that matters.  But, at the rehearsal dinner she and her parents got a call from their neighbor back home.  Their house was engulfed with flames and was completely distroyed.  Their little dog, Adele, burned to death in the fire.  The fire fighters took the time to find her body and bury her in the back yard with the remains of the house.  To make it worse, the fire couldn't be put out because there wasn't a fire hydrant close enough to the house.  They had to use buckets to try to extinguish the flames until special extra long hoses could be found.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10627954/

Let's just take a minute to count our blessings and the things and people that matter most to us. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
image 148 Are ready to party!
image 77 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: T& P Needed: My best friend's wedding

• Options
    How awful. I'm so sorry to hear this. Your friend, her family and you will be in my thoughts and prayers!!
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My heart goes out to your friend and her family.  That must be a terrible feeling.  My father is a fire fighter and he never talks about the fires he has to go to.  I can't imagine being in that position.  They must have felt completely helpless at that moment.  I'm glad that the fire fighters had the heart to find Adele and bury her for them, and that the neighbor called to warn them of what they'd be coming home to.  I have no idea what I'd do, my thoughts and prayers are with her during this heartbreaking time.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    OMG that is so sad. I am so sorry to hear this. Definitely sending good thoughts & vibes your friend's way :-(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh no! That is awful. A friend of mine had this happen in HS. The emotions that they are going to go through are a rollercoaster. They said it was worse than dealing with a death. I hope they have a good support system and people to pick them up and help them out. My t&ps are with them.
  • Options
    I can't imagina how hard this would be. My thoughts and prayers go out to them and their family. I know pets can be as much a part of the family as a child. Are they getting the assitance they need? And shouldn't something be wrong with the whole "there wasn't a fire hydrant close to the house"? I thought that was mandatory....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_t-p-needed-friends-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:d0ac272a-265a-486a-af6d-bbefbf30d5a2Post:330c7760-22db-43b6-b761-d0601400a140">Re: T& P Needed: My best friend's wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]And shouldn't something be wrong with the whole "there wasn't a fire hydrant close to the house"? I thought that was mandatory....
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing when I lived in Boston, since there was one every couple of houses. Since I've moved to NH, I've noticed that there really aren't many at all. And even less in ME. Its scary.
  • Options
    Oh no, I am so sorry to hear. My co-workers parents house burnt down last week. Scary how things like this happen .I am thankful for all the firefighters that risk their lives and the ones that take the time to bury a families pet. Sending your friend and her family thoughts and prayers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    From an insurance standpoint - regulations for fire hydrants differ from location to location, its not like all of the US follows one rule, and all of Canada follows one rule... 

That is so sad, I am sure her and her family are going through so many emotions right now! I will be praying for her and her family. 
  • Options
    I'm glad that the family weren't in the house when it happened, but T&P's with them for the loss. I can't even imagine. It does give some perspective though to appreciate what we have.
  • Options

:( - Sending a bunch of thoughts and prayers to both your friend and her family.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I want to just hug your friend. That is so awful. I cannot imagine having such a great loss. I would start a petition in the community to get more fire hydrants.

I actually called my FI and asked him to go look for our nearest fire hydrant. :/

I know in rural areas you rely on volunteer firefighters, but it seems within city limits you should have good fire hydrant coverage.

I really think your community needs to come together on this and make a change.
  • Options
    How sad =[ I cannot imagine what they are going through right now.  That is pretty much my biggest fear, especially because I have 4 animals.
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • Options

I am so sorry for your friend and her family :(My thoughts and prayers are with them.  I hope they were still able to enjoy her wedding day. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's horrible, I'm so sorry to hear this.  T&P for your friend and her family.  Those firefighters are amazing for doing that for Adele.
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This is my biggest fear, that my puppies won't make it out. I'm so sorry for your friend, I can't imagine how devestated she must be.
  • Options
    How horrible, my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
    Visit The Nest! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards