Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Looking for an outdoor reception location north of Pittsburgh

Hello All!!We are planning on getting married in Myrtle Beach, next summer so we want to have an AHR when we get back. Our problem is we don't know where to have it. we want to make our own food, still have a DJ with all the typical reception events, but still make it like a big back yard BBQ. His dad has a pretty big yard but he doesnt want to put pressure on his dad. I need ideas for where to have it, can anyone recommend any locations? We live in the Cranberry Twp, Butler, Mars, Ellwood City, Beaver areas (locations close to us)TIA I'd appreciate any suggestionsNicole

Re: Looking for an outdoor reception location north of Pittsburgh

• Options
    kelly1516kelly1516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the big barn down at bradys run park or cascade park in new castle? There is also a farm in saxonburg but I can't seem to remember the name of it. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers my read shelf:
    Kelly (kelly1516)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome, Nicole!There's Betsy's Barn in Portersville, just off Rt. 19:http://www.cheesemanfarm.com And there's Armstrong Farm in Saxonburg.  Sonya had her wedding there last week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    all of those places will not let you make your own food except Brady's Run. Check the Barn in Pine Township. Also North Park. Betsey's might but there is a fee I think for having your own food. Um... Cascade park will let you ... There is also a camp in Ellwood with a big shelter. Camp Allegheny I think - There are a couple other barns too in the beaver county area- check the county parks website.
  • Options
    dingdongnwifedingdongnwife member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't live far from Cranberry so I know this area pretty well. Here is a list of venues we have been to or know of in the area.Betsy's Barn Portervilles (but they cater so don't think this would work for you)North Park is really nice, maybe the boat house or a pavillon depending on how many people you have. Brady's Run Lodge is nice.Armstrong Farms is nice as well. Economy Park has pavillons and also has a barn type thing too, so that might work as well. There is also Ewing Park in Ellwood City. Only been there once for a graduation party but remember it being nice.Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards