Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

*amberann2002*

I'm not sure, but you look really familiar to me.  Did you go to Gannon in Erie?Where in Erie are you going to have your reception? 

Re: *amberann2002*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Small world!! I did!! Graduated in '06! You went to Gannon, too? I haven't looked at your profile yet, just went straight to a reply so I'll have to check it out! ;)I actually just started planning and had the rents visit tons of places this weekend: Bayfront Convention Center, Sheraton Bayfront Hotel, Avalon, Lake Shore Country Club, The Avalon, The Maennechor, Quincy Wine Cellars, Lake Shore Country Club, and a place in Girard called St. John's.  Those are the ones that didn't make the cut for multiple reasons (capacity, price, unsightly aesthetics).We have it narrowed down to two potential places now and will know by the end of the week: Lawrence Park Golf Club in Erie or Nick's Place in Edinboro.You having a wedding in Erie? Or Pittsburgh?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So funny, I cannot see your face in your profile picture, but I definitely recognize your fiance!! I'm an AGD and actually was the Greek Goddess candidate with Rossi our senior year! Hung out with the D-Chi's a little then. Were you still around that year? I don't even know if Greg was? I'm really oblivious sometimes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::butting in:: I just wanted to say how I love seeing Gannon grads pop up on this board! I am a 2008 graduate. :-)
  • Options
    julieyarzjulieyarz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    butting in as well - I am surprised at how many Gannon Graduates there are around here.  I am too old for all of you, I graduated in 2002, so I don't think any of you would know me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is fabulous! Haha!Julie-- what was your major? You never know, I might have seen you around! Kim-- I probably did see you around campus then if you graduated in '08!Are you all living in Pittsburgh now? I'm in Florida and planning an Erie wedding (met my now FI my senior year and he's from Erie).  Planning from so far away is ROUGH!!
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **waves** HI AMBER!! :) YAYYY!! julie-if i saw a pic of you, i might recognize you. i got to meet alot of the phi sig's in '00 through rush and while my roomate was pledging. we rushed in '01. were you inactive by then?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JEN!!! I HAVE A MYWEDDING.COM SITE, TOO! I've actually revamped it since my NYE wedding days, so you'll have to check it out! How do we have so much in common but in college never really realized this?!Here she is:  http://www.mywedding.com/davidandamberkridler/And my planning page, too! Give me your opinions! http://ambersjulywedding.weebly.com/index.html
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know amber, so sad! and now you're so far away!! :( i'll check out your new bio's as soon as i'm done replying! your NYE ideas were so unbelievably awesome and well thought out-i still think you should try to plan this in 4 months, you can do it! it'll be fun! hahaha. ok, maybe a biiiittt too soon. oh, and julie is a phi sig. i'm still trying to figure out who she is exactly though. there was an ASA that popped in here months back, asking a question about her friend's wedding (think her name was becky, she was younger than me, possibly your pledge class year?). haha, this is so fun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We probably have seen each other around campus...I guess if you graduated in 2006 you weren't at homecoming that Oct., but if you by chance were, I got engaged on stage right before they announced king and queen! I think that was a first in school history, haha! I live outside of DC now. We planned from OOT too- it can be done, as long as you make the best of trips back to PA and you are organized.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was very active with phi sig at the time and was probably rush chair, so you might know me.  Did you join the sorority.  I spent a decent amount of time at the delta chi house.My know website has pictures:  www.tinyurl.com/juliejonwed
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh julie i totally recognize you now! i rushed in '01 and pledged AGD (which is how amber & i know each other!!). amber i heart your sites, you're so freakin cute!! :) i can't wait to see your plans start coming together!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennybean - I remember you from your description as Crystal's roommate.  I figured you would recognize me.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay! what a small world, i love it!! i so miss those days. ::pout::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i actually just graduated this past may.  i'm still in erie, im at LECOM for medschool.  i would have been a freshman when you graduated in 06, but i knew that you looked familiar for some reason (i think from sorority recruitment that spring, I'm a sigma) and then when you mentioned that you were having your wedding in erie i thought i would ask!my wedding is going to be in pittsburgh at the sheraton station square, i'm from west mifflin originally and my entire family still lives theregreg is from Ohio so his fam will have to travel. but there are a lot less of them!i've been to a lot of the places that you have mentioned looking at for your wedding! i'm sure it will be beautiful at any of them.  if i was doing it in erie i would do the convention center just for the back drop of the bay.  so pretty!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for LECOM! Their D.O. program is great!  I'm actually finishing up my D.C. (Doctor of Chiropractic) degree down here in FL, so I totally sympathize with you planning while in school-- but it's so worth it! I'm so pumped to be getting married, it's unreal!!! I've waited 4 years for it, haha! So when do you graduate? I'm done in March 2010.You and Greg are going to have such a fun wedding! All his Ohio family are going to love the Burgh... well, unless they really hate the Steelers, haha, but you can have fun rubbing that in their faces! ;) And his fraternity bros are a ton of fun! How many are in the wedding party?I'm actually tentatively getting married on Gannon's campus (basically) and I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!! I don't know about you all, but I frickin loved my 4 years there and miss it terribly! Go to googlemaps.com and put in this address:  144 W 6th St, Erie, Pennsylvania 16501Then scroll around to the church with the big red doors between the library and Waldron... it's beautiful inside!! St. Paul's Cathedral. Their website is http://www.cathedralofstpaul.org/Anyway, I'm only having my BFF from Gannon in my wedding party, Meredith Eck, and we were gushing over how fun it would be to get a couple of pics in AJ's way... corny, maybe... but I'm excited, lol! It'll be so nostalgic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Correction: I am having 9 bridesmaids (I know, I know... I can't help it!), but only one is from Gannon! That's what I meant! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also... Julie, just saw your website! Love it! Your engagement photographer was great!!The church I was talking about is actually Episcopalian and I see you are being married in one of the same denomination. My fiance and I are both Catholics and are not exactly familiar with Episcopalian wedding ceremonies... is it pretty similar to Catholic ceremonies? And did you have to do preparatory classes prior to the wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    greg's family are huge steelers fans, so they are just as excited about a pittsburgh wedding as i am. although his mom, she's something else.  we do NOT get a long very well.  when his brother got married they did it in cancun and she complained the whole time that they weren't having a "real" wedding and now that i'm having this big huge fancy wedding, she is complaining about the fact that its TOO much.  oh well she's not footing the bill...its just annoying.i graduate from lecom in 2013...long way to go! but it will be so worth it.i actually went to katie bemis (sigma) and brandon wilczak's (pike) wedding at st pauls last september.  very pretty.  who is doing your ceremony?  i think sean clerkin did theirs.have you been back to Gannon since you graduate?  they have changed a lot and added new bulidings.  def better places for pictures now than there were back in 05/06we have 9 groomsmen and 9 bridesmaidsJuls McClelland is one of my bmaids, we've been friends since HSand my little is it it as wellas for dchis, AJ sudano, Kevin caffrey, ben hufcutt are groomsmen...i think our wedding party is going to be a realllly fun group!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That totally sucks having an over-opinionated future MIL... urgh. I hate when things don't fit some people's molds all they do is ***! You're totally right though... if she's not footing the bill I wouldn't give her opinion a second thought, haha! ;) I'm having difficulty at the opposite end of the spectrum... I'm trying to plan this wedding from FL and neither my parents nor his parents really give me much info on the venues they've seen... I need opinions and no one is giving me their honest ones!! Everyone just says, "Oh it's nice!"... and that's it! grrrrr! I need pros and cons, people!!!!You are definitely going to have a fun wedding party!! I'm pretty pumped about mine, too! Really looking forward to the ride from the church to the reception site! ;) You know what, you might know another one of my bridesmaids, too... she was the same year as me and is a high school friend that went to Gannon, too-- does the name Andrea Presto ring a bell? Nickname is "Boo," haha! She was ASA pres her senior year, actually. I totally just consider her a high school friend and forgot that people from Gannon know her, too, haha! I'm really excited to check out pics of Gannon's new campus now, too!! Awesome! I had no idea!! Thanks for the info!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards