• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2012 Weddings

A little stumped with colors..any input would be helpful

my fiance and I didn't want a big traditional wedding because its not us. We just chose black and white and a hint of grey for colors because how you dress it up it can go formal or minimal, right? So the other day I was prancing around in my new dress :) and was checking out flowers around my home to envision a bouqet. Well I came across a swatch of burnt orange duponi silk and it looks awesome with all three colors, but then...I came across a broken strand of my late great grandma's costume neckalce. Its breads are pearl white, a bronze color bead, and 2 colors of a pale sky/aqua and plain aqua. I suddenly got an idea and wrapped a plain white ribbon around 2 white roses and hung the broken strands around the handle. Its lovely.

Mycolor issue is: black, white, grey, burnt orange and pale aqua? With a hint of bronze?

The groom and ringbearer are in black. There are no brides maids or groomsmen, but there is a flower girl/ maid of honor. who is also in black.  I'm all in white. We can mix up the white and orange flowers and maybe on the groom use a skinny aqua bow to tie on the boutinerre. It would match my bouqet then, I'm thinking. I love bronze. I was thinking for the flower girl, have the orange and white flowers to match me, but then spray paint a few curled twigs  (skinny ones) bronze and have it in her bouqet so she doesnt look too Haloween like with the black and orange.
The invitations are white cardstock with dark grey and orange font and black accents.  Reception flowers were gonna be white topairy flowers with floating candles.

Does that sound too hodge podge? Any helpful ideas would be great. My brain has turned to absolute mush thinking of colors when this wedding was supposed to be simple. I think alot of it has to do with family pressure...I don't think anyone is happy my fiance and I are tying the knot exceot us and a few close friends.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards